above ground
Booshy?
ZFIqS1c.jpg

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
Curious about those kooky tuners?
I say kooky because its hard to graft new ideas onto a closed mind and thats the best I can do, even as the tuning of the low E is more fiddly that it needs to be with 1/64th of a turn of the button raising the pitch 1/2 step.
Do all the strings move up or down the same interval with the same tuner button rotation?

As for the relic work, interesting stuff!
Overall nice looking build, maybe a bit thin neck and small frets for me but the guitar is for you, so my taste has no bearing!

BuffaloHound

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 25, 2018
S
...Lol...that relic looks so *****' fake...and the headstock shape is hideous really...
It’s not really supposed to be realistic. The heavy relic arm wear is to highlight the undercoat 3TSB. It’s not a fender so I didn’t want a fender stock.
My dog can build a more realistic lookin' relic than that. The upper bout, looks like a bear attempted to rip a chunk off it thinking it was food.
Kewl…
A builder shipped it in a soft case?! That is insane. The soft cases with hard foam may have worked but your builder's case looks as strong as a terry cloth towel. I empathize with you. :(
What did it look like right before it was shipped? Wondering what is shipping damage and what is relic.
It’s all relic. No shipping damage.

Last edited by a moderator:

BuffaloHound

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 25, 2018
S
Happy new guitar day!
Are you pleased with it? How does it play?
Action was a little low outta the box. Now it’s perfect. And it’s so damn loud acoustically. The low E sounds bright unplugged. And the high E sounds bassy. It’s crazy.
It’s honestly amazing.
Curious about those kooky tuners?
I say kooky because its hard to graft new ideas onto a closed mind and thats the best I can do, even as the tuning of the low E is more fiddly that it needs to be with 1/64th of a turn of the button raising the pitch 1/2 step.
Do all the strings move up or down the same interval with the same tuner button rotation?

As for the relic work, interesting stuff!
Overall nice looking build, maybe a bit thin neck and small frets for me but the guitar is for you, so my taste has no bearing!
So a half turn on the machine head changes the strings pitch a half step. All strings are this way. And yeah, I get it. If you see a strat and want everything on it to be the same as a Fender, this guitar will disappoint you.
The neck measurements are duplicating multiple exacting measurements from 64 Fender Strat. So it’s a little delicate/thin in the open area. About the same as a fender C. And transitions to a chunky feel as you work your way to the higher frets. Although it never gets quite as chunky as my Vintera 60s Strat. That one can only be described as a baseball bat.
But the fret wire isn’t small. They are certainly tall. And not skinny. I don’t recall the Jescar number but they’re close to 6105.

Butcher of Strats

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 28, 2022
Maine
Action was a little low outta the box. Now it’s perfect. And it’s so damn loud acoustically. The low E sounds bright unplugged. And the high E sounds bassy. It’s crazy.
It’s honestly amazing.

So a half turn on the machine head changes the strings pitch a half step. All strings are this way. And yeah, I get it. If you see a strat and want everything on it to be the same as a Fender, this guitar will disappoint you.
The neck measurements are duplicating multiple exacting measurements from 64 Fender Strat. So it’s a little delicate/thin in the open area. About the same as a fender C. And transitions to a chunky feel as you work your way to the higher frets. Although it never gets quite as chunky as my Vintera 60s Strat. That one can only be described as a baseball bat.
But the fret wire isn’t small. They are certainly tall. And not skinny. I don’t recall the Jescar number but they’re close to 6105.
Very interesting prospect those new tuners, thanks for the details.
May have to try a set!
Neck shape and frets?
Personal fitment stuff, nice to get what you like.
I have two Warmoth necks in finishing and fretwork stage now, moving slow on them. One is the 59 which is fat but suits most players, the other is a fatback and not as popular.
I can live with almost any shape that has full shoulders, but those tend to be on the fatter side.
Not fretting with my thumb!