Bought new car...

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Deebs3, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Deebs3

Deebs3 Senior Stratmaster

And went straight into lock down for a week. So can't go anywhere.. Had it 3 days now and family haven't even been for a drive. Fortunately ordered 10 pack of strings last week... Delayed. Maybe get it end of week, I have 2 strats, epi Les Paul and tele to restring.. So... Built a birdhouse... ( really bad so no pics) so just gonna watch limpics....

2. thomquietwolf

thomquietwolf Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member Silver Member

a87115fff0dc206f10b1dc1fc54ab907--smiley-facebook-smiley-faces.jpg

3bolt79 likes this.
  3. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

Yep. hashtag sydneylife.

3bolt79 and Gedster like this.
  4. fos1

fos1 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

I guess everything is more deadly in Australia.... :(

StratUp, Stonetone and 3bolt79 like this.
  5. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

Just the politicians.

vlxerdon, Stonetone, bgmacaw and 5 others like this.
  6. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

It's one of those "I'd rather live in Melbourne" kind of moments.

3bolt79 and Gedster like this.
  7. Gedster

Gedster Strat-Talker

Naaah, Melbourne is way too close to Antarctica.

You guys are doing it really tough at the moment. I’m up on the North Coast, but eternally grateful to all of you guys stuck down there, (as I was for Melbourne folk last year). I wish I could say that I thought things were going to get better, but…..

3bolt79 likes this.
  8. Deebs3

Brisbane has been doing so well... And then stuff happened. Anyway life goes on..

JB74 and Gedster like this.
  9. Gedster

Gedster Strat-Talker

At least they’ve jumped on it quick stix up there. I’m thinking that Brissie will get a hold of it and keep the lid on until they can find vaxes for everyone who wants one. Sydney let the Jeanie outta the bottle and it ain’t goin’ back in.

Hopefully you guys up there will be out of lockdown pretty soon. That’s not gonna happen in Sydney.

Stay safe.

JB74 likes this.
  10. stormsedge

stormsedge Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

I put less than 5k miles on my pickup since Jun20. Less than that on my other car. No where to go.

11. Ferpie

Ferpie Senior Stratmaster

12. bgmacaw

bgmacaw Strat-O-Master

Well, what car did you get?

It's always interesting to find out what people in other countries drive. Here in the US, most people out here in the semi-rural areas (aka exurbs) mostly drive pickup trucks, SUVs and crossovers. I recently had to join the crowd and buy a pickup (Ford Ranger), getting rid of my tiny and awful Chevy Sonic (similar car as the Holden Barina for you Aussies).

13. JB74

JB74 Senior Stratmaster

Pretty much used to it here. the number of near-misses have culminated in this one. I basically live across the rd from the first major outbreeak last year where that first cluster of 34 cases occurred. Noone knew anything about it back then.
    Things change though. Travel restrictions last year and this year saw me narrowly miss 5 separate lockdowns by 24 hours, until this one, which was leaving melbourne to a lockdown in syd. And I mean proper bullet dodge narrow-misses. Test results are reassuring.

BrisVegas following the Diver Dan Melbournian shock-down lockdown. Smartest approach. Same in Wait Awhile where the perth crew just locked it down as soon as the contact tracing amounted to people not quarantined.

Binchicken let things go far too long here. The result is going to be a minimum 2 month long lockdown. Can't see it improving anytime soon. cases still escalating. People outside still being ignorant of the public health directives.

All the sensible people can do is exercise their discretion.

Gedster likes this.
  14. Gedster

Gedster Strat-Talker

The leave pass she’s been given by our sycophantic press corps defies belief and its contributed to the hopeless mismanagement, to everybody’s detriment. It’s just mind boggling.

I’ve been booked for 3 weeks for my first Pfizer dose this Sunday. Hopefully she won’t pull our allocation away like she’s done with Newcastle and the Gong. But I’m in a safe Nats seat….

Vax is apparently the only way they see out of this debacle, and that’s gonna take until October! Pessimistic I know, but I can see this dragging on and on. It’s a good thing you’ve got some nice guitars and amps there JB! Stay safe.

15. Deebs3

Anyway I bought a Mazda cx9, it's a 7 seater as I have 3 kids, had it a week now, tomorrow we find out how long lock down will be extended, I just wanna go for a long drive..

16. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member

It's a great car. I bought one for my wife 2 years ago but I just stole it from her for a two week road trip up the east coast of the US.