Bourgeois Vintage D

guitarman1984

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 24, 2013
Italy
On the market for this unicorn, would you go for a recent one or for a 90s or early 2000s one? Also, is someone able to give me a price range for these? I have little reference points and prices vary from year and conditions....
Thanks a lot everyone!

guitarman1984

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 24, 2013
Italy
Thank you, I have surfed the net to look for info, for sure reverb and G are places where some info can be found however I was looking for any personal experience from some of the members here ... I understand these guitars are not very common though, so indeed there may be little chance someone has a deep understanding in terms of built quality and prices along the years.

Stratoskater

Fuzz Meister General
Feb 8, 2011
Naked in NC
Thank you, I have surfed the net to look for info, for sure reverb and G are places where some info can be found however I was looking for any personal experience from some of the members here ... I understand these guitars are not very common though, so indeed there may be little chance someone has a deep understanding in terms of built quality and prices along the years.

My buddy has one of their dreads. Very nice guitars, extremely well made, like Martin Custom Shop level. Like Santa Cruz they hold their value well due to smaller production numbers and high quality products.

telepraise

Strat-O-Master
Feb 20, 2019
Tampa Bay
I bought one last year. They list for $5900 new now. As I watched the used market, you would occasionally see one go for $3500-$4000, but that was a year or so ago. Cooked adi top, adi bracing, hide glue construction- you won't get that for under $6k in a Martin.

They are NOT vintage sounding though. There's a lot of snap and articulation in the tone, almost tele like. Closer to a Collings than a Martin. Good luck in your search.

guitarman1984

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 24, 2013
Italy
I bought one last year. They list for $5900 new now. As I watched the used market, you would occasionally see one go for $3500-$4000, but that was a year or so ago. Cooked adi top, adi bracing, hide glue construction- you won't get that for under $6k in a Martin.

They are NOT vintage sounding though. There's a lot of snap and articulation in the tone, almost tele like. Closer to a Collings than a Martin. Good luck in your search.
Thanks for your inputs!!!

Scott Baxendale

Most Honored Senior Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 20, 2020
Athens Ga
I sold them when they first came out. They are decent and I always thought they were kind of the PRS of acoustic guitars. I would not call them the best acoustic you can buy but it is a good solid professional grade guitar. I think they compare to Larravie and Santa Cruz models of the same price point.

They have a bolt on neck similar to a Collings and have good fit and finish.