Bridge body repair


Strat-Talk Member
Dec 17, 2017
Vancouver Canada
I bought a used Squier standard it would not stay in tune
Damaged where the fulcrum pin goes there is a Youtube repair video showing how to insert a 1-inch piece of dowel but I wanted it to be a more permanent fix was considering just putting in a 6 screw bridge I searched Youtube for conversion from 2 pins to 6 screws videos did not see anything so was wondering if this is a viable option


  • IMG-0888.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG-0890.JPG
    117.1 KB · Views: 18


Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 26, 2015
I would try thin CA glue from a model airplane Hobbyshop.
It will wick into that crack, plus you have lots of surface area.
Just make sure you mask off adjacent surfaces, so it doesn't run out all over the place.


Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 20, 2018
Murfreesboro, TN
Converting to a 6 point trem won't fix it. The wood is displaced, and tha means it's loose. It has to be stabilized, or you will continue having problems. The fix involves glue and clamps, and a dowel might help too.

CA glue is probably the best choice, it can wick way up into the crack. Once the wood is stable, probably the posts will be fine for the 2 post bridge. But you can probably still swap in a 6 point if you feel like it.


The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
Drill the whole area out and glue a dowel in place as you saw in the video. Use wood glue and it will be a permanent fix. That is not really a good area for a CA repair...ask me how I know. You can also thin some wood glue to the consistency of milk with water and wick it I to the crack. The dowel repai should be plenty though.

Latest posts