Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups ad space available Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Warmoth.com ad space available darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups Reilander Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Bridge to match Lace Blue and Silver

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by Lonn, Apr 21, 2017.

1. Lonn

Lonn Administrator Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    I realize the standard answer is a red dually but want to see if anyone else has used a similar combo. The stock pickup in my Parker P-38 is ok but I want better than ok if the guitar is to stay.

[​IMG]

2. Shelby

Shelby Strat-Talk Member

Feb 11, 2017
    USA
    I have a 93 Strat Deluxe Plus with the blue silver and "single" red bridge.

The single red sounds great for the type of music I play.

SurfsUp likes this.
  3. albala

albala Most Honored Senior Member

May 10, 2012
    stamford, CT
    I went with a Dimarzio PAF Pro with 2 Lace Hot Golds

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Tone Deaf and SurfsUp like this.
  4. Forum Sponsor Sponsored posting

5. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    I have the exact same year and model! I LOVE the R/S/B combo.......

In regards to the original post, I'd state the obvious and plug a Red Dually in there myself.

EDIT:

Other than going full on Red/Red........and sticking with Lace (cause I love 'em) try any other Dually set up......like this:

http://www.lacemusic.com/Dually_Emerald_Purple.php

Shelby likes this.
  6. PCollen

PCollen Strat-O-Master

Feb 13, 2014
    Florida
    Early on, I had Lace Gold Sensors in the neck and middle, and a Silver in the bridge. Great combination.

7. Lonn

Admin Post
    I never mentioned and it's not obvious by the pic I posted but the guitar is HSS.

8. Eoraptor1

Eoraptor1 Senior Stratmaster

Aug 4, 2008
    Niagara Falls, NY
    I did the same thing with my HSS partscaster, only with a DiMarzio FRED, wired to select series or parallel.

JAMES

albala likes this.
  9. Morscherszenasi

Morscherszenasi Strat-Talk Member

Sep 3, 2015
    Hungary
    I have also the Red-Silver-Blue of course in S-S-S strat.It's a great pickup set, with really good tone.So i would like to recommend you the red, or double red!Let's try it!

SurfsUp likes this.
  10. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-Talker

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    I have two of these Strats one an 89' Deluxe and the other a 91' Ultra. The red is not my favorite. In fact I think it is the worst pickup of the entire line. If you want to stay in the LACE family I strongly suggest Hot Gold 19k Dually, Chrome Dome Dually or Purple/Emerald Dually or the Alumitone. Outside the lace pickups I would run to the store and buy a Seymour Duncan Black Winter or Pearly Gates depending on style.

11. Lonn

Admin Post
    Finally got around to looking under the hood today and the humbucker is a Dimarzio Tone Zone. I may play with it some more and see what I can make of it, never had one of these before.

[​IMG]

SurfsUp likes this.
  12. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Strat-O-Master

May 18, 2016
    C-Town, Ontario
    Nice! Can't go wrong there then......I may be way off base here but when I think of DiMarzio humbucker's I think primarily of a heavy metal sound. I've had a set of their single coils at one time (since sold long ago) but never a humbucker. If ya can tame it, do so. If not I'd go with the Lace Dually.

Note: edited due to terrible grammar and spelling, LOL.......I need a coffee.