Budda Bud-Wah….thoughts?

Hendrixlvr

Strat-O-Master
Jul 8, 2016
Mississauga
I have the opportunity to buy an older Budda Bud-Wah..(purple label)….and I know there’s sooooo many people who absolutely love this Wah pedal.

Anyone here have first hand experience with one and is $175 CAD an outrageous price?

here’s some pics of the pedal I’m looking at buying:

A64FA785-E4AB-443F-9872-FFBCC891FAAC.png 59976F97-6621-4032-92BB-78B1DFF63F6B.png 75B098C9-BA2E-448E-B313-CECB94EE3652.png

hornpiper

Most Honored Senior Member
Apr 23, 2014
Anytown,USA
Had one, liked it. I don’t think they’ve made those for a number of years. For lack of a better description, I would ambiguously describe it as smooth and warm, but the sweep wasn’t very long. Tried a newer model Budda later, bigger and clunkier, and didn’t like it. I think I got a Fulltone Clyde Deluxe Wah after that, and liked it better than the Buddas, in every respect, definitely better sweep, tone, and built like a tank. Personally, I’d pass on an old, used Budda, especially for that price. Actually, a plain, old cheap base model Crybaby isn’t a bad wah imo.

bobalu

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2017
Canada

Electgumbo

Not Of This Earth
Dec 26, 2010
Scott, La.
@Baelzebub old buddy old pal! Thanks for the vote of confidence. Wah Wah’s be so personal. Everybody want to hear what they want to hear. One guys perfect Wah is the next guy “eeeewww” Wah.

The Budda’s were popular in the 90’s and early turn of the century. So were their amps. I played one once in a Shop years ago and something about it didn’t excite me. It wasn’t the sweep I was looking for.
I probably bought a Clyde Standard instead. But that’s just me.

I use a Wah Wah all the time. Or at least I never leave home with out one. You may just want a cool old pedal and these do have there following. If it makes you happy and makes your licks talk the way you hear it in your head then it’s worth it’s weight in gold! If not it’s just another Wah Wah pedal….. good luck and I sincerely hope you enjoy the pedal.

EC Strat

Senior Stratmaster
Gold Supporting Member
Dec 16, 2018
Louisville Kentucky
If you’re looking at a 175$ then you should be sure to check out Xotics Wah pedal - it’s a high end wah for about the same cost used on reverb. They’re a bit smaller, have a gain boost and 4 dip switches, and treble / bass eq, and Q on the side. You can also even adjust the treadle for sweep and has a light for on / off. It’s basically a premium clone of the original Clyde Wah. Only downside is that there’s a slight hesitation when you click it on, though I’ve noticed it being an issue using it live.