Budget Pedals

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
Just ordered an Azor Vintage Fuzz off EBay for $25. Also ordered a Demon Tube Screamer ts808/ts9 clone a couple of days ago for $30. Anyone ever try either of these? Sorry if this is a rehash! What other budget pedals would anyone recommend?

T-Rey

Strat-O-Master
Sep 17, 2020
Georgia
I read a lot of good reviews and saw some positive videos about the Demon pedal. Hoping for a Fuzz Face-ish sound from the Azor. We'll see. I'll check out the Joyo @bsman

blasphemoustrat

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 9, 2011
Pa
I have a demon boost pedal. It's fine. Does the job, is clear. I'd buy another.

Tc electronic has a series of vintage style pedals that you can snag most of in the 50$ dollar range used. Ive got a tremolo, reverb, delay, and chorus in it and I like all of them quite a bit.

soulman969

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 5, 2016
Denver, CO
Many of the JOYO brand pedals are quite good. Most are clones of popular US made pedals from well known builders.

They're well built and a good way to familiarize yourself with more upscale versions on a beer budget.

If you eventually decide to upgrade to the name brand as I did in some cases JOYO are very easy to sell online as well.

eclecticsynergy

Senior Stratmaster
Sep 23, 2014
NY
I have a JoyoBlue Rain, decent cheap clone of the Marshall Bluesbreaker pedal (which inspired the King Of Tone, Morning Glory, and countless others).
Sounds good, and it's absolutely tiny.

456409204c2894499ff410af26c49bf3.jpg

Guitarchaeologist

Master Spuddler
Silver Member
Dec 17, 2016
Behind the 8 ball
The Joyo American Sound (blatant ripoff of one of the Tech 21 character series pedals) gets almost universal praise on the guitar boards.
I just picked one up for fun. I prefer going straight into the amp, but this pedal is pretty decent. I haven't been able to use it as a transparent boost (as I sometimes do with with a Lovepedal 4-knob Deluxe), but still it's a good match for my setup when I want to add a little dirty kick.

Nevets

Strat-Talk Member
Jan 23, 2015
Vancouver BC
The Azor cheap mini pedals are made by Caline, who are one of the better budget makers. I just got their blue Overdrive pedal, which is the same circuit as their Blue Sky overdrive - a Timmy clone. It sounds great.

Chont

Dr. Stratster
Sep 25, 2012
In a van down by the river
I love my joyo ultimate drive and my Digitech Screamin Blues. I also got a DOD Gunslinger for $29 new on Amazon and it’s one of my favorite pedals. Can’t get them for that price anymore though

There’s a Bonzai brand (LOL Daniel San BANZAI!!!) flanger that appears to be an Electric Mistress for $25 on amazon. I may check that out

Last edited: