Bullet Love

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Dingus, Dec 26, 2006.

1. Wild_Rose

Wild_Rose Strat-Talk Member

of course, I was talking about mods that cost A LOT, not just a simple change of strings!

thanks for the info! :)

There's a chance that I'll get a Squier Standard Stratocaster instead because I was talking to my dad and he said that he could give me some money to buy it!:p:D

2. Bill

Bill Strat-Talk Member

I was being ironic, Wild Rose--I should have put a smiley face there.

I meant that I haven't made any mods to mine.

3. Wild_Rose

oops, yes you were! :p

4. DelayLLama

DelayLLama Strat-Talk Member

5. Rob DiStefano

Rob DiStefano Strat-Talker

A bluez 'n' jazz Bullet Strat ... sorta like the "Esquire of Strats". Geez, that fingerboard is cryin' out for a drink of lemon oil!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Rob, love that guitar! Looks great! What is the tone like with just the neck pup? And when are you putting that one up for sale??;)

7. Rob DiStefano

I dunno if there's any discernible difference in tone with two missing pups, but it sure is sweet. I've since swapped the black cover to white on that DiMarzio Virtual Vintage pickup. Packing this Strat in a double Gator gig bag along with a tasty Esquire pretty much covers all sonic bases for my needs.

8. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Stratmaster

I went shopping this afternoon for a guitar for my young daughter that has just started learning to play. I went in to a guitar store where I know the owner. he showed me a few of the Squier's that he had. then he said, "oh yeah. I've got another one in the back. let me go get it." he brought back one of these "Bullets". after the first few strums, I noticed something different. I really liked the sound. my wife liked it as well. but my daughter didn't like the color. "you said they come in pink ?" SOLD !!! so, in a couple of months(her idea), I'm gonna call and make sure he has a pink Bullet in stock and go get it for her. and while I'm there, I just may pick one up for myself. I'm really impressed with this guitar. it has a nice, rich sound. I own a '59 Gretsch Annie, a '73 Les Paul Deluxe, and a '93 MIM Squier Strat, but this one is different. there's enough room for 2 in the house. ;o))

9. jwsamuel

jwsamuel Strat-Talk Member

Can anyone tell me what the pickup tour is on the Bullets? I want to put together a dual-humbucker Strat and am wondering if the Bullet would be a good basis for that.

Jim

10. dvsbstrd

dvsbstrd New Member!

First post here. I started off on Gibsons, wound up falling in love with strats my first year of college, so I traded in my textbooks and bought myself a blue bullet w/trem.

After touring around with my band a little bit, I grew bored of the stock blue, and decided to paint it dayglo orange. Mistake.

Looked cheap, didn't like it, so I bought a Yamaha RGX-A2. Quickly fell out of love with the neck on that, so I wanted to bring my strat back to glory.

Wound up spending a whole week stripping the old paint off the body, sanded the back of the neck, and stained the body Pecan Satin. Haven't done much upgrading to it otherwise (and by much, I mean none) because, stock, it played better than any other guitar I've ever played.

Pictures are included!

Attached Files:

11. Rob DiStefano

Nice natural finish - they always look bestest to me.

12. Bullet56

Bullet56 New Member!

Hi All,

I'm new to this forum and just grabbed this hardtail off ebay this weekend. ($66.00) I will be changing the Pup's and the tuners.

B56...

Attached Files:

13. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

More Pics!!!!!!!!!!

14. Bullet56

Bullet56 New Member!

Does anyone know if the Fender '70's "F" style tuners will fit the Bullet headstock without mods?

Thanks for any HELP!
    B'56

15. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Strat-Talker

Here's my Bullet amidst it's modification process.

[​IMG]

This has become one serious little guitar. I'm currently waiting for the amber tint/ nitro finish too cure on the neck.

16. Bullet56

Bullet56 New Member!

mijstrat72,

Very Nice!! What brand HB's did you go with?

Got another case of "B" GAS this afternoon, had to pull the trigger on this one.

[​IMG]

B56....

17. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Some really cool and nice looking guitars here...........and for $99, who can go wrong??

18. SeanT

SeanT New Member!

Hi there,

I bought a Bullet a couple of weeks ago. Man, such a nice guitar for $99. I'm going to scallop the fretboard this weekend. I can hardly wait.

All my strats have scalloped board.....yum.

Thanx

SeanT

19. mijstrat72

mijstrat72 Strat-Talker

Here's an updated pic with the tinted neck, I'll post some more of the neck.

[​IMG]

I started off with some Epiphone '57 buckers that I had laying around the house, then tried a lace red and a dimarzio super distortion.

I'm set right now with the Epi 57 in the neck and a Seymour Reverse Zebra Paf 57/59 in the bridge. I put in a .015 cap to clean up that neck pup, as well as no load pots, tusq nut, fender vintage tuners, cts pots, vintage wire, custom body route, Fender amber tint w/ nitro clear satin finish, filled and redrilled body for american pickguards only, some rolled steel saddles I had from something else.

This has been my experimental "I wonder what this would sound like" guitar. For $99, I think I want another.

I really want a pair of the seymour duncan combo humbucker, single coil, P90's that fit in a humbucker hole. I would have almost every sound you could imagine.

20. Wild_Rose

Today I bought a black Bullet!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 10, 2008