Bullet Love

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Dingus, Dec 26, 2006.

1. bin4christ

bin4christ Strat-Talk Member

hey guys, hohnerfan told me that there are two versions of the current incarnation of the Bullet? one has an 8-hole pickguard and smaller pickups, the other has the standard 11-hole pickguard and normal-sized pickups?

does the smaller pickups mean different string spacing and will i have difficulties changing pickups in future?

from the pics, most of urs are the 11-hole version tho, but what i can find here are the 8-hole ones..

2. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

@bin4christ
    Hi, I think I confused you, right?
    The Pickguards with 8 holes and the PickGuard with 11 holes have the same Stringspacing because the Guitars have the same Tremolo. The Polpieces of the Singlecoils are at the same place, only the cover of the singlecoils are a little bit different.
    The only thing is, in the 8 hole PickGuard normal Singlecoils don`t fit. But you can make the routes for the Singlecoils a little bit bigger. Its no big deal.
    So far I know you get the 8 hole PickGuard Bullets with the serial CY. The serial COB are from 2007 and 2008 and have the 11 hole PickGuard.
    Here are some pics from the backsides of different Bullet PickGuards:

Attached Files:

3. Wild_Rose

Wild_Rose Strat-Talk Member

just discovered the group Bullet Love @ strat-talk.com :)

4. bin4christ

ok, so it's the case of similar pickups housed in different cases? sorry but my english isnt v good either! and all i have to do is enlarge the holes on the pickguard if i wanna change pickups right?

5. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

Right!!
    The different is very small. You can rasp it a little bit but not to much and you need a fine file.
    Sorry about my english:oops:

6. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

Hi Bulletfans!!
    Here some pics of my Daphne Bullet. I changed the tuners (Grover) and all the plastikparts.
    Hope you like it like I do!!

Attached Files:

7. tritone

tritone New Member!

That's a nice looking bullet.

8. S. Rock

S. Rock Senior Stratmaster

how are the tuners working for you ? I like what you've done. I may have to change some myself.

9. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

@S. Rock
    hi, the Tuners work great, very smooth and exact.
    But remember, you have to drill the holes bigger. In German the holes have 8mm and you need 10mm. Best you take a counterbore (is this the right name for that tool?). If not, I send you a photo.
    Greetings

10. S. Rock

thanks for the information. und gute morgen. where are you located in Germany ? I was over there in the early 70's. :D

11. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

Hi S. Rock
    I live near to Kaiserslautern and 25 min. to Baumholder.
    Greetings to Minnesota

12. S. Rock

I was stationed just north of Stuttgart, in the small town of Gross Sachsenheim. our Division Headquarters was in K town. I was in Kaiserslautern once in August 1971. I still have my old Framus accoustic that I bought in the PX. it's one of my favorite guitars. and greetings from Minnesota.:D

13. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

Hi S.Rock
    did you buy your Daughter the Pink Bullet yet?
    I still have my Pink Bullet and mod it a little bit too. I changed the PickGuard, it has now the PG from a Fenix Strat, looks really old (17 years old), I put some Fender Singlecoils in the PG (I don`t now what kind, but they have Alnico Magnets), the potis from Fenix, the switch from Fender and changed the saddles to some old steel saddles. And Bettey Boop:rolleyes:
    Next time I change the Tuners to Grovers, I like them really!!
    The Guitar sounds real great to me and it is the first time I like the clean sound of the bridge Pickup.
    Here are some pics of my Fenix Strat, its the best sounding Strat that I own.
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/non-fender-s-type-guitar-forum/3295-fenix-marathon-partocaster.html

Did you have pics from your '93 MIM Squier Strat here in the board?

Attached Files:

14. S. Rock

@ HohnerFan I think that almost teenage daughter has lost interest in wanting to learn to play. I'm gonna give the situation one more week. the guy at the guitar store where I was going to buy it is very understanding. as far as my MIM Squier Strat, I haven't posted any pictures yet. I've got a friend on a sister forum (gretsch-talk.com) that 's asking for pictures, too. my new cell phone has a built in camera. so, the next time we have a nice sunny day here in Minnesota, I'm gonna have to snap some photos. oh, nice Strat that you have there. I like your amp set-up as well. I'm going to keep all of your mods in mind, also. it's some good information to know. thanks, brent.

15. bin4christ

hohnerfan: what's with the wooden block on the daphne blue?

still cant find a cob bullet here yet :(

16. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

@bin4christ
    The wooden block.......................... ohh, yes. Because I don`t use the trem, so I do it like Clapton. I put a block in the back of the trem and 5 springs on the trem. But for me, maybe its Vodoo, it sounds better than before.

Why do you wanna buy a COB Bullet? Because of the Pickups?
    A friend of mine owns a CY Bullet and the guitar didn`t sound bad, only a little (very little) bit different. I try to buy now a CY Bullet in white or sunburst( I know, that will be number three:rolleyes: ) but I like to have one for the little different in the sound.

I think I`m a Bullet Freak..............................................

17. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

18. bin4christ

nah, it's because of the 8 hole pickguard lol. the pickups, since u said the only diff in size is in the covers, probably not a factor of consideration for me :)

19. S. Rock

@ HohnerFan
    not long after I posted my response of my daughter losing interest, she started trying to learn again. so, naturally, daddy(me) encouraged her a little. while my wife and daughter were out of town, I secretly went and picked up the guitar. I had called ahead of time and had it set-up. when they got back home this past Friday I had the guitar laying out waiting for her in her bedroom. I also found a little practice amp, a Hartke(nice little amp for it's purpose - a practice amp). I'll take pictures before long. just wanted to follow up on the story.

20. HohnerFan

HohnerFan Strat-Talker

Hi S.Rock
    My Daughter, 13 years old, is learning guitar too. She likes my pink Bullet too, but more she likes my purple Hohner Strat.
    Hope you have pictures from your Daughter when she found the guitar:eek: