Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Burn the young guitarist!!! Heresy!!! Burn him!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Dadocaster, Dec 4, 2017.

1. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    I can take it in small doses. We had a member here that is amazing at this genre.

They sound very similar.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2017

2. jaybones

jaybones Most Honored Senior Member

I would sound just as terrible without an amp. Maybe she’s on to something, show up with my iPhone or tablet a couple cables and the guitar.

Save my back and not have to worry about as much gear.

3. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music. Strat-Talk Supporter

Dec 1, 2009
    My house.
    Here is a randon video in same genre. She is very impressive.

4. nederemer

nederemer Strat-O-Master

Oct 25, 2017
    Somerset, Kentucky, USA.
    Just an hour?

Damn. I guess I am a bit obsessive but I could spend just an hour practicing one thing. It wasn't at all unusual for me to (at their age) practice for 12 or more hours a day... of course... I didn't exactly devote a lot of time to school or homework.... lol

5. Uncle Fiesta

Uncle Fiesta Senior Stratmaster

I agree, far too many notes. It's like someone talking at you so fast you can't understand what they're trying to say; I've no desire to listen to music like that, it's just too tiring.

Just SLOW DOWN already!!

Heaven knows what these people are going to be like when they start driving ...

6. hogrider16

hogrider16 Strat-Talk Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Martinsburg, WV
    There's nothing wrong with being able to play incredibly fast, but if that's all you do, it gets old really fast. REALLY talented players are the ones that can blow your mind without having to resort to playing a million notes a minute.

Some of these people remind me of American Idol contestants (the few I've bothered to listen to). They have incredible voices, but are just not very interesting to listen to. Your life experiences are what make you interesting and sitting in your basement or singing karaoke just doesn't get you there.

s5tuart likes this.

7. hogrider16

hogrider16 Strat-Talk Member

Jul 26, 2017
    Martinsburg, WV
    I don't believe that you play like that practicing one hour a day. Sounds more like a marketing campaign to create some kind of prodigy/legend.

8. CigBurn

CigBurn Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jun 22, 2014
    The Shed
    Well there is that... :)

fezz parka likes this.

9. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA
    Never heard of Plini but I checked out a couple songs of his on YT...not bad at all. Djent music that I can actually stand.

Stark likes this.

10. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Sigh. I was actually aiming a nose tweak at our traditionalists by pointing out that there are new guitarists coming up that DO NOT USE AMPS. :D

I have never heard YOYO play, I listen to Plini with some regularity and will probably continue to because I like his songs, his chops and his tone.

I am not even going to bother to respond to the same old comments alleging the same old sins regarding players with chops. :D

Stark likes this.

11. Stark

Stark Ghost of Johnny Thunders Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 16, 2011
    Richmond Annex, CA
    I’m glad these kiddos are doing stuff that annoys most of you guys so much. I’d be worried if everyone was cool with it.

12. sam_in_cali

sam_in_cali Scream for me Strat-Talk! Strat-Talk Supporter

Feb 21, 2014
    Santa Maria, CA

Ahh,missed the point of the thread. I do see a lot more players using direct input (kempers, axefx, etc) setups on stage due to the simplicity and small footprint but I have not really heard of anyone completely abandoning amps in the studio. I can see that happening though at some point with newer generation of players.

13. Dick Blackmore

Dick Blackmore Strat-O-Master

Jan 10, 2017
    San Diego
    No mention of Sarah Longfield or Mike Dawes?

sssstratsss likes this.

14. Mississippi_Kid

Mississippi_Kid Senior Stratmaster

This thread has become two..."kids playing guitars" and "the need of amps".

1. glad there will be skilled guitarist in the future
    2. if it sounds good...great

15. s5tuart

s5tuart ...... Strat-Talk Supporter

Aug 8, 2011
    Bedford, UK

16. cappei

cappei Strat-Talker

Jun 24, 2017
    Quillota, Valparaíso, Chile
    All I can say bout them. They sound plastic, and made inside a calculator or a software, few of them aren't but is like nickelodeon is growin' guitar players now.

I get into rock and metal because it was raw, visceral, rebel, strong and proud. I remember watching 79's videos of Ace Frehley, seeyin him doin things like a god damn comet.

Iron Maiden, Priest, SRV, guitar players pushing limits and doin it with their soul.

These kids look like robots to me, and I find that depresing. I think that just playin' in a style canon doesn't make it a livin gender. After all, rock and metal was about a cultural movement, not just a bunch of dudes playing fast. I Think guitar playing has sublimated to a point that it's ars gratia artis. Therefore becomin futile and meaningless. But well, Im the kind of guy who think rock and metal HAS to be social and political. Been young and not being a rebel is like a biological contradiction.

I think that the build up of a musician is maybe even more important than just be a boy who took classes steady from age 8 or 12 or what ever. The good bands IMHO are the ones with a story to tell.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2017

17. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

Awe is in the ears and brain of the listener. He's quite good, but these old ears aren't awestruck. :D

18. fezz parka

fezz parka The Wiggler of Sticks Strat-Talk Supporter

Rivers Cuomo and Glen Campbell use/used Pods. Neither are new guitarists. :D

Boognish likes this.

19. Boognish

Boognish Senior Stratmaster

Jan 31, 2011
    Austin
    I'm not into this type of music, but I actually like this song! I"m not sure how I feel about that...