Can U Deliver - An International Metal Coalition (Strat-Talk) Collaboration

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
Links please? Recently I’ve been trying to get into metal. Other than Metallica I’ve never given the genre much attention until now.
Sorry I’m a dolt. Just realized the red text indicates a link.
We have done numerous collaborations, but here are the official "International Metal Coalition" collaborations - lots of different people from Strat-Talk have participated over the past six years. I am supposed to be doing one with @duzie, but my house flooded right when we got started last year - probably do that one next.

sam_in_cali

Scream for me Strat-Talk!
Silver Member
Feb 21, 2014
SoCal
Looks fun. When is the next one starting?
Nothing is scheduled (or organized really, ha)--we're just a small little group of metal heads here on the forum but it would be cool to get some more folks joining in and collaborating on stuff. Propose a song (doesnt need to be anything insanely technical...hell, we've done WASP and Sabbath stuff) and join in!

duzie

Most Honored Senior Member
May 1, 2016
northwest nj
We did that Dio song years ago where everyone did a solo. Something similar could be fun and allow for a lot more to join in.
This song has the potential for multiple solos.
What do you think lol ?
You did mention Dio 🤗😝

Well apparently I’m having issues posting a YouTube clip of the song Slipping Away from the Mob Rules album 🤷🏻

Mouse

The Knees of Rock
Apr 25, 2012
New Jersey
See if you can deliver this :thumb:

I’ve wanted to cover that one for years. When I was starting out in my teens I had a Priest tab book. Tabs weren’t great then and they were selective on what they’d transcribe. For this solo, they put a note where the solo starts on the sheet music: “If you can play this solo what do you need us for?” 😂

I’ve wanted to cover it ever since.

joe_cpwe

Senior Stratmaster
Jul 21, 2015
WI, USA
I’ve wanted to cover that one for years. When I was starting out in my teens I had a Priest tab book. Tabs weren’t great then and they were selective on what they’d transcribe. For this solo, they put a note where the solo starts on the sheet music: “If you can play this solo what do you need us for?” 😂

I’ve wanted to cover it ever sin
Yeah, great song...great album.

I had a Van Halen Made Easy for Guitar book as a kid. It was not helpful :D