CDC adjusts COVID-19 deaths down to 37,308

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by 57Strat777, May 2, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-O-Master

Last edited: May 2, 2020
    CB91710 and Paperback Rocker like this.
  2. Lonn

Lonn Mod Admin Staff Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Admin Post
    Worth noting further down in the article...

Why these numbers are different
    Provisional death counts may not match counts from other sources, such as media reports or numbers from county health departments. Our counts often track 1–2 weeks behind other data for a number of reasons: Death certificates take time to be completed. There are many steps involved in completing and submitting a death certificate. Waiting for test results can create additional delays. States report at different rates. Currently, 63% of all U.S. deaths are reported within 10 days of the date of death, but there is significant variation among jurisdictions. It takes extra time to code COVID-19 deaths.While 80% of deaths are electronically processed and coded by NCHS within minutes, most deaths from COVID-19 must be coded manually, which takes an average of 7 days. Other reporting systems use different definitions or methods for counting deaths.

If that's the case and they are in fact TWO WEEKS behind, there have been a LOT of deaths in the last 2 weeks. Many states are reporting hundreds of deaths daily.

CB91710 and Sarnodude like this.
  3. axis69

axis69 Senior Stratmaster

The death toll is irrelevant to the chaos thats going on in hospitals being overwhelmed.To the nurses and doctors working in states that have decided to relax the rules,they should walk off the job and stop risking their lives.Next week the new infection rates will shoot up again.Darwinism,pure and simple.

Andrew Wasson, nutball73 and 93-Strat like this.
  4. 57Strat777

Hey Lonn, It looks like they haven't fixed this page yet. I think this is a case of the numbers being revised down, not a lag in data.

https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/cases-updates/cases-in-us.html

[​IMG]

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  5. henderman

henderman Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

no matter what the numbers are this is more serious than anything we have faced in our lifetime but not everyone seems to know what a pandemic is.

6. ido1957

ido1957 Senior Stratmaster

When someone you love dies, it'll get a little more real for the doubters.

7. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

Looks like numbers have been revised downwards. The only reasons I can think of for such a major downward revision all involve politics. I'd hate to think the CDC is lying.... and that's as far as I'll go with that thought. Biting my tongue.

Andrew Wasson and sgarnett like this.
  8. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Most Honored Senior Member

9. 57Strat777

Dr. Birx confirms in this video that ALL DEATHS of people infected with coronavirus -- regardless of underlying conditions -- are classified as COVID-19 deaths. Example: If you die of brain cancer and also happen to have covid, it got counted as a covid death. I think this is the reason for the 62K death count.

I think the reason the CDC death numbers are being revised down to 37K is growing pressure to accurately record the true reason for the deaths. What good is a death count if they count all deaths as caused by covid-19, even if the cause of death was something else?

https://twitter.com/Breaking911/status/1247691218240315393

10. sgarnett

sgarnett Senior Stratmaster

If someone has cancer and covid pushes them off the cliff, it’s still Covid that killed them. My previous wife was terminal for eight years. If she had been shot at year two, the cause of death would have been gunshot, not cancer.

I don’t think a desire for accuracy has anything to do with it. Besides, testing in the US has been so badly bungled that the accuracy ship has already sailed.

11. sgarnett

That looks like it may have been adapted from a test for color blindness. Ironic ....

93-Strat and ukoldgit like this.
  12. 64 Tele

64 Tele Strat-O-Master

13. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

Right. Politics. A desire to make it look like our government response to covid19 is less awful than it actually has been.

IMO if someone dies of a heart attack or car crash that would have lived if the ER wasn't too full to treat them, the pandemic killed them. If someone dies of cancer because they couldn't get to the doctor. If someone dies of heart disease worsened by eating nothing but macaroni and cheese for four weeks.

The entire increase in deaths over last year... can be and should be blamed on the pandemic.

14. tery

tery Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

That's OK for the other 37,307 people . . . next :D

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  15. 57Strat777

The CDC has instructions for how deaths should be recorded on a death certificates (link below). If you have a heart attack and die and happen to test positive for COVID, according to CDC guidelines the immediate cause of death is heart attack, and covid would be listed as an underlying condition or possibly a contributing factor but not the cause of death. If you watched the Dr. Birx video I posted in post #9, she clearly states ALL DEATHS of people infected with coronavirus -- regardless of other conditions -- are classified as COVID-19 deaths.

"The cause-of-death section consists of two parts. Part I is for reporting a chain of events leading directly to death, with the immediate cause of death (the final
    disease, injury, or complication directly causing death) on Line a and the underlying cause of death (the disease or injury that initiated the chain of morbid events that
    led directly and inevitably to death) on the lowest used line. Part II is for reporting all other significant diseases, conditions, or injuries that contributed to death but
    which did not result in the underlying cause of death given in Part I. The cause-of-death information should be YOUR best medical OPINION. A condition can be
    listed as “probable” even if it has not been definitively diagnosed."

https://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/dvs/blue_form.pdf

16. 33db

33db Senior Stratmaster

So far it's no worse statistically than the seasonal flu, is that because of the lockdown? I doubt it.

There are several videos of people that went to the "overwhelmed hospitals" in NY and found them relatively empty and people standing around.

The Javitts center hastily constructed to hold all the patients, in fact never saw a single patient.

There tons of ventilators, mask, Tyvek suits, and other medical gear not being used, Cuomo states they have everything they need.

I thought this virus would be serious when I saw China's reaction in January, but then I realized they do that all the time (SARS, MERS, etc) so it wasn't that unusual... only the claimed scope of the shut down in China was unusual.

Yet here in the US we destroyed millions of lives economically, some will never recover, and now they are rolling out "tracking apps" and "vaccine passports", enforced distancing, etc.
    Anyone with some money stands to scoop up a lot of businesses with very little money.

We live in interesting times, unfortunately.

17. 57Strat777

If you read to the end of the article you linked to, it says even if they presumed covid caused the death, meaning they didn't even do a test to see if the person had covid, they just "presumed" the cause of death was covid and they recorded it as a covid death.

Direct quote from the article:

"The previous death count only included people who had tested positive for COVID-19, but New York City's health department had been recording presumptive cases, the Times reports."

robertgmartin likes this.
  18. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

And???????

19. sgarnett

Covid reduces oxygen levels in the blood, sometimes dangerously low. This leads to cardiac arrest. The cause of death is Covid. Any attempt to spin it otherwise is politically-motivated deceit.

rafasounds, CigBurn and CGHguitars like this.
  20. Class A Knob

Class A Knob Senior Stratmaster

Lies. The number is greater and everyone knows it. It's our Dept. of Truth that forces professionals to lie.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.