Channeling feeling through improvisation

wyldelife

Strat-Talker
Sep 30, 2011
Norway
Some songs just makes you feel a whole lot of stuff.

“The Night We Met” by Lord Huron is such a song for me.

I got the idea one late night to try and express the way it makes me feel by improvising some lead lines over the finger style guitar riff in the background.

I used my Gibson Les Paul Special into my HX Stomp for amp sim and effects.

Would love to hear what you think!

AxemanVR

I appreciate, therefore I am...
Silver Member
Feb 8, 2014
Minnesota USA
`
I think music itself is the embodiment of "channeled human feelings and emotions" - whether they be happiness and excitement, rage and fury or melancholy and lament - and I seriously doubt that most people purposely set out to create souless, heartless music.

Improvisation can be a catalyst for the release of raw, spontaneous emotions that can yield truly authentic expression... or it can yield a crapload of mindless noise.

I personally use a variety of approaches to creating music - some spontaneous and improvised, while other times things are thoughtfully and methodically laid out. Either way, the desired end result should be to strike a nerve one way or another for the listener.

Anyway, since you're requesting affirmation, I can honestly say that you have a great sound, a well executed technique and, most importantly, you have successfully managed to acquire that enviable ability to recognize "the value of playing with feeling"...

Good job!

`

Last edited: