Charlie Watts not doing the Stones tour

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Baelzebub, Aug 5, 2021.

1. jbylake

jbylake Fabulously Famous Nobody Silver Member

Never got to see them. I was never in the right place at the right time. Same reason I never got to see Zep. I knew the Stones had to be running on empty, as far as touring, anyway. Also amazed to see that Keith Richards can stand up and play for an hour and a half. He's proof of how much abuse one body can take, and still be breathing on the right side of the dirt.

Baelzebub likes this.
  2. Daddypantz

Daddypantz Strat-Talker

Saw them in 2002 on the 40 Licks tour. Best concert I ever attended, bar none! They were in top form for sure. Great set list, brilliantly played. And as an added and unexpected bonus, my wife and I wound up sitting right next to the pop-up B stage and next to the stairs from it. Amazing stroke of luck! Saw the B stage set at a distance of about 3 feet. Chatted just a little with Bobby Keys before he climbed onto the B stage for the second song there. Shook Keith’s hand as he left the B stage - a major thrill! Was hoping for mojo transference but my playing since has still been me.

it is hard to envision “The Rolling Stones” without Charlie though I know Steve Jordan will do a great job. Fantastic drummer.

I have seen them before and since that night, and they always put on a terrific show though nothing matches that special night to me, and I doubt I will fork over what it takes to see them live again. But they gave me a truly special experience!

StratUp likes this.
  3. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

I think in Keith’s book or interviews or both, he’s said that Charlie told him that if he ever works with another drummer, Steve Jordan is your guy.

4. amstratnut

amstratnut Peace thru Music.

They are iconic but, Ill pass.

5. tanta07

tanta07 Senior Stratmaster

Keef has said many times that if Charlie ever decides to retire, Keef is going to retire with him. Makes you wonder if that is not far down the line...

fattboyzz likes this.
  6. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Senior Stratmaster

Cant have that man, cause he'd be the Star :p:p:whistling:

StratUp likes this.