Cheeze Whiz!!!

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
Still working on stuff we tracked drums for a couple weeks ago. A couple of false starts. When I do something with the drum tracks and guitar to send to the bass player to listen to, I don't spend much if any time on trying to make them sound good beyond setting levels. But, I do like to throw on a couple of easy plugins and use a preset so that it kinda sorta sounds like something. Stumbled onto my Waves SSL channel strip which I forgot I had and am certain I got on super sale and within half a minute found something and slapped it on the master and it sounds stupidly good. :D

1663736387888.png

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I have a bunch of WAVES plugins, but no SSL emulations. I always hear good things about the SSL G Bus Compressor but haven't brought myself to spend the ~$35. I did a mix and master this past weekend for a little project I was hired to do and used the Abbey Roads TG Mastering Chain plugin plus an L2 limiter. It was fun to get back into mixing - it's been a long time for me. I am always willing to mix something for you for free if you want a different take on a mix.

Dadocaster

Dr. Stratster
Mar 15, 2015
Sachse TX behind the cemetary
I have a bunch of WAVES plugins, but no SSL emulations. I always hear good things about the SSL G Bus Compressor but haven't brought myself to spend the ~$35. I did a mix and master this past weekend for a little project I was hired to do and used the Abbey Roads TG Mastering Chain plugin plus an L2 limiter. It was fun to get back into mixing - it's been a long time for me. I am always willing to mix something for you for free if you want a different take on a mix.
Thanks! might take you up on it. We are moving very slowly currently since we have never worked together recording. At times it sounds like we have never worked together period. :D Having the usual thing of getting a meeting of the minds on how to get tracks usable for the next person.

I got new monitors. We might try a bit ourselves but will need quality checks.