Join Strat-Talk Today

Christmas guitar and my review.

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Elvis v, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

OK remember I said I got my Samick made Jupiter? My Christmas guitar. I did and now I'm going to do a proper review of it. First of all it is a slab body. A Telecaster shape with a student model Les Paul horn. A nice c skinny profile neck. A neck different than I have ever owned. A sparkle color in the neck and body. The wood is mahogany. And the neck and body feels like a 5000 dollar custom shop. Samick did a great job on it. Cream binding on the neck and body is perfect. Not one flaw. It is polyurethane. And a thin coat. It dose not feel like a plastic like guitar. It is the nicest guitar body and neck I have ever owned. ;):D:p

Now mine has standard hardware. It does not feel cheap or expensive. It feels standard. The tune o'matic bridge is nice but I want a roller bridge. I like them better. And the trapeze tail piece is small and nice. The D'Armond pickups recreated by the family sound unique and different. The knobs are tinny. And the white guard under the knobs is nice. It has a blender switch. It just acts like a volume knob really. The neck has perfect cream binding. Not on flaw there. But the neck has 1 flaw. It has really bad fret spout. More so at the top part of the neck near the body. :confused::mad::thumbd:

I have really cheap and more expensive guitars that never has that problem. So the head stock is the Silvertone shape. It has Kluson 6 in Line Deluxe Series Tuners. I want locking tuners but these do a nice job and really do not need to be changed. :whistling::sneaky:

It sounds great. And feels like I went to a custom guitar maker and got the neck and body just the way I dreamed and wanted it. No production medium priced guitar has felt that way to me. It is a 4 bolt on neck. And is so stable. Overall I really impressed with my guitar. Also the Silvertone gig bag is so nice. And is the nicest gig bag I own. It was not wanted and that is a shame too. It is too nice of a guitar not to be wanted. Limited edition model with D'Armond pickups. ;):thumb:

It is as if Sears almost sold quality in the 1960's and not the so so guitar and I took a time machine and went in the past and bought it. And brought it back. :whistling::cool:

Now one question? How to fix those frets? I want to fix it without destroying the binding and the neck Finnish. How would I do that 1 thing?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Ducerro

Ducerro Strat-Talker

That's a real purty gitar!

3. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

Thank You.;)

4. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-Talker

It also is a heavy dense slab of mahogany. Like a cutting board. But I really like it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.