Clasic Vibe Series

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Dauntless, Jun 17, 2008.

1. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Strat-Talk Member

Thanks for the reply. I am familiar with the quality of these classic vibes as I have had the duosonic for a couple weeks now. Hell of an axe! I will check everything out this weekend and see what conclusion I come to.
    ~Nick

2. Twinman

Twinman Strat-Talk Member

My guitar is in store in Toronto and waiting for ME!!! I got the plane ticket, I got the guitar........now I'm only counting days until 10th of October. What a pain!!!!!! I hope the staff from the store will send me some pictures.

Twinman

3. Marmelaki

Marmelaki Strat-Talk Member

It seems like the Squier Classic Vibe 50s and 60s Strats are cousins to the Fender Classic Player 50s and 60s Strats.
    The Fenders are a bit more pricey, but are they worth the extra money?
    Maybe the finish, tremolo assembly, pickups, nut and tuners are better - but are they THAT much better to justify the difference in price?
    What do you think?

P.S: I am waiting for my Classic Player 60s to arrive any day now ;)

4. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

I was able to get one of the first ones shipped to Canada. The CV 50. I have had a pro set up done on it and I will say that it is one of the nicest guitars I own. I has good looks, good tone, a great feel and to top all that it only cost me 350 Can. I have a 50th Ann. Deluxe US strat to compare it to and if you check out my pictures above you will see why I feel they are such a bargain. I don't think that the US strats are overly priced when you take into consideration the manufacturing costs and the costs of say a Gibson Standard Les Paul. What I am more impressed with is the quality that is being maufactured in China.
    Twinman: I guarantee you will not be disppointed with the guitar and I don't care what anyone says this guitar sounds amazing even with the cheap block.

5. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

Boy, trying to convince anyone that these are very good guitars is a hard chore, even suggesting that these gals are better or equal to their MIMs...or almost 75% of American's...watch out for the rocks..! If I did not have two American's to compare her to , also had my share of MIM's ...I dont say these things unless I believe it... as proof is in the pudding..and I have plenty !! What you say..?

6. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

Since I got mine I've tried a couple of American Strats and I can honestly say that I prefer my CV Strat.

7. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

Hey Dan I agree 100% It is very hard to convice some people. I am convinced there is some Fender MIA snobbery going around and I admit to having it myself up to last year.
    But after owning 20 plus Electrics and 10 Strats I have changed my mind. It is amazing that a person will buy a Korean Samsung TV as state of the art electronics but think that the Korean or Indonesian electronics in a guitar are not. But not to worry Dan as they get their hands on the CVs it will change a lot of minds.

8. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Strat-Talk Member

I think I will pick my '50's CV Strat up today from layaway! I was going to have the store do a re-string and set up for 11's, but I think I'll just do it myself of take it to my regular tech.

9. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

Juan, dont know what you have had in strats to compare, its set up very good out of the box, Id play it a while before putting 11s on her, as you will need to enlarge the nut slots, pull the back cover off and give the two screws a few turns to keep the bridge down and then re intonate...keep us informed!

10. Broly

Broly Strat-Talk Member

Hello everyone. This is my first post on this forum, but I've been a member of the other forums for several years.

I just wanted to say that this is one sweet guitar no matter what the price. It's got the stratty tone that one thinks of when they think of a stratocaster. The fit and finish on mine is superb. I bought this with the idea of swapping out the pups. But let me tell you after extensive auditioning, these Alnico 3s are staying put.

Here's a pic for ya!

[​IMG]

11. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

Welcome Broly, they are the cats pajama's ! try to convey that on the fdp..! I put lace hot golds in mine, but also have a set of CS54's sittin in front of me to try down the road, just need another 8 hole guard...I rairly leave any of my strats stock, although my 50th anni. is, just wont do that to her ! beside i happen to like the scns.....happy playing !

12. Broly

Broly Strat-Talk Member

Thanks Dan. IMHO, these are the best value out there. And I don't say this lightly either because I've owned several nice strats in the past including a Cunetto Relic and CS 50th Anniv. '54 strat.

Let us know what the CS '54s sound like once you get them in.

Dave

13. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

I do know what they sound like,I have had them in three different strats, I absolutely love them, other than not having a rwrp mid and the noise factor, thats where the lace hot golds shine, As far as Im concerned the 54s beat any other fender offering period ! And the CV is the best fender reasonably priced strat they have produced since the Jimmy Vaughan.... I also own the 50th deluxe as well as a AV 57 RI so we do know....! Its just that their are some on other forums that want to believe that their 2500 piece of wood is golden...I have to laugh....Also owned a av 62 ri and a jeff beck...2 different JV's..been through a few..oh forgot the ej....did like the pups on her though...

14. Eoraptor1

Eoraptor1 Senior Stratmaster

15. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

a lot of guys pay the price of the guitar for a neck that still needs tuners...I have been waiting for these to show up on ebay advertised as american strats, which, with a little detail work , I think could fool some buyers...so we will see.... how many pieces of wood is your body? I know mines more than one but the third, if there, is impossible to see..?

16. Broly

Broly Strat-Talk Member

Dan, mine is 3 pieces. Hard to see one of the joints though.

That is a impressive video James.

17. Eoraptor1

Yes, I thought it was impressive, too. It wasn't me in the video. I don't know the gentleman personally. I just happened to be surfing YouTube for guitar clips and figured it was only a matter of time before someone put something together on the Classic Vibe. I've seen a 50s CV close up, but was in a kind of a hurry and didn't get to play it. The finish really is beautiful. I have one Squier Strat already (not a CV) and I love it. Like the fellow in the vid, I was immediately struck with how quiet the pickups were. I'm also very impressed with the Jagmaster. I think we're really getting back to the days of the Pro-Tone in terms of quality.

JAMES

See my Frankenstrat here: http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/non-fender-s-type-guitar-forum/1773-home-build.html

18. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Strat-Talk Member

I took mine home tonight. I haven't had a chance to play it through my amp, since it's over at my bassists, but I'm bringing it to practice tomorrow, where I'll give it a real runthrough. the initial quality is outstanding! they set it up for me at the store for free, since I bought a case and Fender vintage strap to go with it. I had played it before, and it had a great setup out of the box, but I play 11s, so of course it needed some tweaking.

overall, I'm highly impressed. I don't know why this guitar doesn't cost over $500. it even stays intune using the trem!

19. Eoraptor1

I want to reiterate that IT WASN'T ME playing on the YouTube link I posted. His webname on YouTube is rodchubb, and if you wish to contact him you can probably do so through his YouTube profile, or just post a comment in the text reply section at YouTube. My sincere apologies for any confusion.

JAMES

20. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

James sorry for the confusion

I just ran into that thread over at the telecaster forum and here is another video of that same Guy, he really rips it up in this one.

YouTube - Rod Chubb - Sweet Jeepers Jam