Clasic Vibe Series

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by Dauntless, Jun 17, 2008.

1. gazmon

gazmon Strat-Talk Member

hi,

im new nice to be here,

i have the squier 50s classic vibe strat, and i honestly believe that fender have slipped up here? i mean that they have produced a guitar that is up there with a far more expensive item, its so obvious squier have raised the bar now, even the guitar shop i bought from said that the higher end squiers are up there with the lower fenders

regards

gazmon

2. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

Hey Twinman I guess you are getting antsy to head over and pick up your guitar. I will be out of the country when you are here. Hope all goes well with your trip and I am sure you will be very happy with the guitar.
    I certainly am.

3. Hiflyer

Hiflyer Strat-Talk Member

Hello,

Newbie here, I just ordered one of these 50's Classic Vibe.
    I'm a Telecaster player, but I always wanted a Strat with 50's style, and as the medium frets & the 9.5" radius don't bother me at all, I thought this guitar would do the trick.
    Can't wait ...

Chris

Last edited: Sep 22, 2008
  4. ccrnnr9

ccrnnr9 Strat-Talk Member

I too just order the CV 50's strat this morning from MF. I should have it by Thursday at the latest. I sure do hope I get a good'n. I was having a hard time deciding whether I wanted a 50's tele or strat but after the tele went out of stock I went with the strat. I plan on getting the tele as a graduation/xmas present to myself in December. I'll post a review once I receive mine!
    ~Nick

5. Twinman

Twinman Strat-Talk Member

Hy Zman,

concidering that now it's only 4 days left and that I just won a sub 10000 serial number Fulltone OCD(version 2) today on ebay it will be one good time in Toronto.
    I was even that lucky to find the OCD in Niagara Falls so there is only 15CAD shipping costs and nothing else. I have to play the guitar in the store becouse the amp is one thing I'm not buying......:cry:

Twinman

6. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Went to a local shop yesterday and tried out the 50's series Stratocaster as it was the only model they had there and I was quiet impressed. The overall quality and feel of the guitar blew me away for $299. They even had a 50's mexican re-issue which I was able to compare to and other than the $400 price different, they were pretty much the same.

All in all, I was so impressed I had them order me in a 60's series and cannot wait until it arrives.

7. Twinman

Twinman Strat-Talk Member

HELLOOOOOO PRETTY!!!!!!!!
    Finally my CV50s Strat is home. Well not exactly since I'm still in Canada at my relatives on a holyday. I did plud it in to a Tweed Deluxe in the store and it's one hell of a first impression. It's a beauty too....sound very good unpplugged. I can't tell exactly is it a 2 or more piece body since the only joint I'm sure of is in the middle. Anyway....I bought an OCD overdrive pedal to use it with this babe and I can't wait to get home. That is my first impression. I have gigs waiting on my return so soon I'll post some more thoughts on this strat.

Maybe one anecdote from the store:

I picked the guitar and a strap an went to test it. I returned and put that on the table. I asked the guy behind the counter if they've sold any of the CV Squiers yet ant he said noo. Than another guy aproached and the first guy asks him if he saw the guitar on the table. He said he did. Than the first guy asks again if he knows that this is a 300 dolars priced guitar. The second guy goes: hell no, I thought it was a regular Fender. LOL LOL LOL
    Twinman

8. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

Hi Peter...stuck up north are ya! Happy to hear your fine and guitar is too ! Stewie may be lurking somewhere, have not seen anything from him lately ...... How much longer are you staying?

9. ccrnnr9

Hey guys just a heads up but I decided to start a CV strat owners club similar to what the guys over at TDPRI (our sister tele forum) did for the CV tele. You can find it on these forums at http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/squier-strat-forum/4138-classic-vibe-owners-club.html. If you can, take the time to join and follow the directions on my second post. I am trying to compile a list of serial numbers of these guitars. This can be helpful in identifying when changes in a model happen with respect to serial #'s. Also, feel free to post pics, reviews, feedback, videos, soundclips, etc.
    ~Nick

10. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

WElcome to the forum Paul !

11. Zman

Zman Strat-Talker

I am around just been on vacation in Maine. I have been playiing mine alot. Twinman I hope you saved the carton from the CV. They are bullet proof, for the trip home. Mine has taken over one of my tweed cases and pushed my Deluxe Player into a form fit Fender case. I still have not touched the CV yet, block wise, but I am thinking of it.
    When I bought mine the owner of the store got pissed at the salesman. He thouoght he was selling me a MIA Strat for 300 bucks. I had to laugh at that one. Now to find a Tele.

12. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Currently awaiting my order to arrive. Had they add a 50's to go with the 60's and if all goes well they will both be in this coming week, following at the latest since they had to order them directly from fender.

13. Rockape

Rockape Most Honored Senior Member

Hi all!

My first post here, though I already know some of you quite well (a special 'hello' to Dan P!).

I am a hardend Squier JV fan, but these new CV guitars (like the Pro Tones) are another amazing Squier line, and I just had to have one.....or two....or three....but, anyway, they do have their weak points, but that's easily overlooked when you consider the price
    I have four MIM Classic Strats, and these CV's are easily a match for them (they all have their own strengths over each other in different areas).

Anyway, to save any trouble posting pic's, I'll post a link to my photobucket album.

Notice how different the two CV 50's models are (pictured side by side). They have what appears to be a different shade of brown paint and neck tint (the lighter of the two (pictured right) has a wonderful flame neck.....both are great guitars!).

Rockape - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Paul

Last edited: Nov 5, 2008
  14. Rockape

For those who may be interested, I added a few pictures to my online album yesterday of my 50's Classic Vibe Strat with my '57 JV Strat . Plus a couple with my 60's CV and 62' JV Strats (there are more JV - CV comparisons further on in the album).

Here's the link again: (4th picture onwards)

Rockape - Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

First thing to mention (as you all probably know by now) is that the CV's were never designed to compete with JV's in the Vintage accuracy stakes, and though they look very alike, they feel a little different to hold and play. The JV is lighter in weight and a bit more comfort contoured (comparable in this respect to the original 59 that I am holding in pictures 2 and 3, as it should be).

:)

Paul

15. ccrnnr9

Lookin' nice as ever Rockape! Those are two hot guitars! You gotta love these strats!
    ~Nick

16. raouliii

raouliii New Member!

I'm both a guitar beginner and a forum newb. I bought a CV 50s Strat as my first guitar. BTW, this forum made that decision much easier, thanks.

I have a few questions. What size allen wrenches are used for the neck and bridge/action adjustments? Did the allen wrenches come with the guitar? I bought my CV50 from a local shop on display. I asked the salesman if anything came with the guitar such as manual/warranty information and he said no and indicated that it came in a plain cardboard box that was discarded. As a newb, I didn't even think of asking about wrenches.

17. Jefro

Jefro Senior Stratmaster

Yes it should have came with 2 allen wrenches (1 for truss rod and 1 for the saddle screws) and also comes with a the tremolo bar etc.

18. Rockape

Yep, there should have been one trem arm and two allen wrenches in a clear plastic bag in the position shown below

[​IMG]

19. dan P

dan P Strat-Talker

almost bet alot of these are going in the garbage..if you did not know they came with her...really could have done a better job of packing those two items in a place that's noticeable...

20. Eoraptor1

Eoraptor1 Senior Stratmaster

Just found another YouTube vid of the 60s Classic Vibe Strat. I don't think the link has been posted here yet.

See it HERE: YouTube - Secrets of sea

JAMES