Join Strat-Talk Today

Classic 50's Fiesta Red.

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Escotia, May 13, 2006.

1. Escotia

Escotia Strat-Talk Member

I love Fiesta red once it has faded a bit tio give that orange hue to it.
    Do the current classics have that hue ? All the photos I have seen look like a deep red.

2. Cat

Cat Strat-Talk Member

Believe me you will fade before a new poly finished guitar will fade :)

Cat

3. GuitArtMan

GuitArtMan New Member!

To me, even new Fiesta red has a noticeable, though subtle, orange cast to it. Are you sure you're not looking at Dakota red?

4. Escotia

Escotia Strat-Talk Member

No, it was definitely a classic 50's in Fiesta Red. Much more red than my old Fiesta red strat was, it had a pink / orange hue depending on the light but this one was just red from every angle.

5. PVTele

PVTele Strat-Talk Member

I've a feeling that either the colours changed or the old ones faded quite fast. I had a '58 (by the serial no.) Strat in Fiesta Red that was quite pinkish by the time I bought it in 1967 - though I don't know how it started out, of course. Even I wasn't playing guitar in 1958 ;-)

6. Stratosaurus

Stratosaurus Strat-Talker

I love Fiesta Red. I've considered putting together a partscaster in that finish. But with poly it just doesn't look right and it should be named some other color because it just looks too different to me. Fiesta Red should have that aged orange/pinkish hue or it looks like it should be called "light red".

Someday I'll order that USACG body with Fiesta Red and nitro. Because when it comes to this color, nitro > poly.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.