Classic 50's: SUSPECT?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by seanskull92, Aug 15, 2009.

1. seanskull92

seanskull92 Strat-Talker

2. StratSvante

StratSvante Strat-Talker

Its all different pictures of different guitars! But the ones with the funny headstock is all wrong, the logo, the headstock shape, if thats the guitar he's selling, it's a major fruad!

3. seanskull92

seanskull92 Strat-Talker

yea thats what i thought too. supposedly its the on in the last two pics, under the pic of the one with the lace sensors in it. but since when are serial numbers on the back of the neck?

4. fenson

fenson ----------------------

Ya just about every thing looks wrong IMO serial # on the heel of the neck don't know what thats al about . The Classic series is MIM not made any wherer else. No plug in the truss rod and adjust at headstock. Fake if you ask me.

5. BigNorm

BigNorm Senior Stratmaster

This is not a Fender guitar... now...what it is ? Don't have any idea...

6. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

I just reported this to ebay so hopefully they at least make her revise the ad. It is a fake.

7. DocHolliday

DocHolliday New Member!

That's actually one of the funniest/most obvious fake ebay ads I have seen in a long time!

8. Oldboy

Oldboy Senior Stratmaster

I know exactly what it is.It's a Chinese made counterfeit.The "TZ" serial number placed at the neck heel,beside all the other things that are wrong with it, is a dead giveaway.

9. SeafoamStrat

SeafoamStrat Strat-Talker

Under the last picture it states that the last four pictures are of the actual guitar and the other photos are stock pix. But still..... BTW - Oh Yeah Seafoams are cool.....

10. AllroyPA

AllroyPA LeftyStrategist

How do you do that ?
    There's not reporting selection that says this is not authentic, this person is lying, (for a reason) ebay gets paid when it sells ... regardless of what it is.

11. tonyw

tonyw Senior Stratmaster

I reported a Soldiers strat that was being sold as a 1969 authentic, it was taken off the bay overnight on the day i reported it. Vietnamese made Jazzmaster trem on a so called vintage strat is a dead giveaway.

12. tonyw

tonyw Senior Stratmaster

Doesnt take 2 minutes to find out this guitar is a chinese knock off, a fake.

The seller is using the disclaimer "i dont know anything about guitars" which is a common statement from these thiefs.

13. Oldboy

You report it under the counterfeit goods category.It is against eBay rules to sell counterfeit items that violate US copyright and trademark laws and they do remove them when informed if they catch it in time.I've done it many times with these Chinese counterfeits and eBay has been very good about removing the auctions.At one time there were tons of these being sold on eBay by Chinese sellers.eBAy finally stopped accepting those auctions after Fender and Gibson threatened them with legal action. I think this person is just ignorant and doesn't have any idea of what they are actually selling. I sent them an email and also reported it to eBay.

14. thaus

thaus Most Honored Senior Member

Auction was ended with no bidders. That was quick.......good on ebay for not letting people get away with this type of fraud.

15. tonyw

tonyw Senior Stratmaster

If you see a TZ serial number, well they dont exist on Fender guitars

16. SeafoamStrat

SeafoamStrat Strat-Talker

Actually there was one bid when I clicked on the ad about an hour ago. I think they had to cancel all bidders before ending the auction. I don't know why a person with 100% feedback would put up an ad like that. I wonder if she pulled it or Ebay pulled it. Either way, the manner in which she answered the first question which is from a person who knows his Fenders was insulting.

17. AllroyPA

AllroyPA LeftyStrategist

Yea, Mandolin Bothers. I've seen them scam a couple of times .. bad news

18. Oldboy

Yes,there was one bid on the auction.I also think there was two days left to it.It was stopped by the seller.If Ebay had pulled the auction,then you wouldn't still see the auction,there would be message that it was an invalid item.I contacted the seller and informed them that they were selling an illegal counterfeit item about an hour before it was stopped. I guess they finally got the message that the guitar is a fake.

19. seanskull92

seanskull92 Strat-Talker

hahah good work boys. i sent her a message too ripping her. i knew it was fake i just didnt know how fake. but it just had so much wrong i had to post it. another job well done by the strat talkers!

20. tonyw

tonyw Senior Stratmaster

She placed pictures of an Authentic guitar first up and i believe she knew all along what she was selling a fake. I sent her an email earlier as well about the decals inc colour also the number and the position of the number. Nice try but no goofy badge.