Clean Up Woman - Betty Wright (Cover)

Discussion in 'MyMusic Forum' started by Mouse, Feb 8, 2021.

1. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock

Thanks but honestly, as to the "different styles", IMO unless you're playing jazz or standards, it's all rock and roll. There's much more overlap between Metallica and funk than there is to Autumn Leaves. You may need to learn a new picking technique or similar but it's not that far a leap.

Ramble away my friend. I enjoy a bit of discussion in these threads.

To your point about Coltrane and Hodges and the unknown players back home, I think YouTube has given an outlet for those "unknown" players to be a little more known. I'm sure for every BB King there were dozens of guys out there that could outplay him but for whatever reason, just didn't get the name recognition. Maybe that's a bad example given how unique he was but I think you get the point. YouTube is filled with massive amounts of talent and many of them will never see the same level of success as others. Sometimes that's just dumb luck or lack of it. The best players don't always get the rewards.

abnormaltoy and Stonetone like this.
  2. stratobiker

stratobiker Senior Stratmaster Gold Supporting Member

Fabulous job Mouse! That was brilliant! Chapeau mec!

abnormaltoy and Mouse like this.
  3. Stonetone

Stonetone Senior Stratmaster

Ok I may have worded that wrong I meant the different Sub genres in rock, Like From WASP to the Cars to BOC, to Rush to this latest one, and countless others that you have done :)

4. Mech

Mech Strat-O-Master

There isn't a woman in urban America over the age of 45 who did not relate to Ms. Wright. "Clean Up Woman" is nice, most women related to her "Tonight's The Night". If you listened to the lyrics, you'd understand why....;)

5. dogletnoir

dogletnoir V----V

Yep.
    Wes Montgomery (and Charlie Christian before him) was first discovered in a relative jazz backwater by musicians in traveling bands who would
    visit local clubs on their nights off, or even while on breaks from their gigs.
    Many of these musicians also had older mentors, either working musicians/bandleaders or teachers who nurtured them and served as their connection
    to the tradition &/or a different level of musical skill.

One of the things that i took for granted coming up was the presence of artists in my everyday life; the writers, musicians, painters, and sculptors
    who made up my mother and father's circle of friends were just people to me as i was growing up, and it took some time before i was realized just
    how revered many of them were by their peers and the community at large.
    The fact that they were wonderful human beings came first... their standing as heroes was only clear to me much later on in life, because of course
    none of them ever bothered to tell me how great they were at what they did, LOL.

montemerrick and Mouse like this.
  6. StratMike10

StratMike10 Dr. Stratster Gold Supporting Member

Sweet! Don't know the song (or the artist) but I enjoyed it quite a bit! Nothing like a well played, upbeat & soulful tune first thing in the morning!
    Well done Ralph!

Mouse likes this.
  7. Mouse

Mouse The Knees of Rock

Merci Mssr. Stratobiker!

Thanks Mike. I've heard the song a bit through the years but really paid attention to it a couple of years ago. The backing track recently became available so I figured I'd give it a shot.

stratobiker likes this.
  8. Rockdog55

Rockdog55 Strat-Talker

Never heard of this one,good work as always. Reminds me of an early days Michael Jackson singing voice from that lady ala "I want you back"

Love singers from these era's, today the female's are all about vocal acrobatics.

Mouse likes this.