Comfortable chair for playing

Strat-Slinger

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 9, 2013
Somewhere in Space
I use the office chairs (without arm rests...)... easy to find at any office supply store...
They have wheels too.... you can roll over to the table to grab your coffee or other assorted beverage of choice... swivel back and forth... or just get straight up whacky while sitting and playing...
I LOVE them.... makes Guit-Fiddlin' even BETTER than it already is :thumb:

kargoboy

Strat-O-Master
Aug 3, 2014
St. Augustine
Dang, I just cannot play sitting down, it feels weird. I will do it occasionally if I'm trying
to learn something off the internetz , but that's the only time I'll sit.

Highwaystrat

Senior Stratmaster
Mar 30, 2013
California
1+ on office chairs without the arm rests. I also like leather couches. I sit in an office chair without the arm rests for most guitar repairs too, but I stand when I solder or do fretwork.

newplayeroldguy

in the wind
May 12, 2015
north and east
I use a 24" wooden stool. I bought it from the Maine State Prison showroom- they have been making them for many years, best quality I've seen. They don't look that comfortable, but they are.
Here's a picture from their showroom:
0443.jpg

Yves

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 2, 2016
London
I have one of these.
Had been waiting for a while until my girl grew out of it, to get my hands on it!
It works very well for me.

$_99.JPG

8T_BoCO

Aspiring Stratospheric Stratitician
Mar 2, 2016
Colorado
I have a nicely padded drummer's throne - one of the least expensive from Sweetwater, or AMS.
That said, I tend to stand when I play, since my lower back complains after too much sitting.

Pulsar

Strat-Talker
Feb 6, 2016
Savannah
I sit on a stool thingy from Target. It had storage space inside too that I keep all my stuff in. At least when my cat doesn't claim it as her own.

stratnutz

Senior Stratmaster
Apr 10, 2011
Gar-land TX
Like 8T I have a drummers stool as well. has a small footprint,nothing to get in your way, and I stand most of the time anyway

xland

Senior Stratmaster
Oct 5, 2014
Phoenix, AZ
Like others here, I use an armless office chair and a foot rest. I also have a back support pillow that I use as well. I primarily play and practice sitting down so a comfortable chair is important for me.

LostNspace

Strat-Talk Member
Apr 29, 2016
Texas
I like a bar stool or an office chair ( without arms ). I like the chair high enough so my thigh bones are at least level or higher.

I can't sit for too long or my right shoulder begins to cramp. I need to let the guitar hang to at least waiste level.

Duotone

Senior Stratmaster
Feb 12, 2016
Norway
I have one of these.
Had been waiting for a while until my girl grew out of it, to get my hands on it!
It works very well for me.

$_99.JPG

That's a Peter Opsvik designed Tripp Trapp chair!
Scandinavian design classic.

Very adjustable, great comfort. You can remove the feet plate too!

The X-line chair a Nils Jørgen Haugesen is also a great players chair.

x-Line_01_b.jpg

A good practice session last just as long as you can stand on your feet, but if you are going for the long runs take a look at some orchestral chairs.

149553100_h_00_3100_h_nst_plus_gruen_px_lzw1000.png