Compatibility Brian May Stratocaster

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by aumnix_1, Dec 9, 2019.

1. aumnix_1

aumnix_1 Strat-Talk Member

yeah I sound really picky, also I'm really new to a guitar tech(obviously) and I think gfs quick plug would make it easier for me.

2. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

You might want to go the the Brian May thread under Guitar Owner’s clubs and check out my black screen video of playing with my Brian May dual delay pedal. I love Brian May and I love Queen, but I don’t know any of Dr. May’s solos. I bought my Brian May replica because I like the sound and versatility of the guitar. I only know a couple of Queen songs. Sometimes knowing too much takes away some of the magic. I can play Battle Theme/The Hero, Need Your Loving Tonight, and Tie Your Mother Down. I used to have a couple of AC 30’s, but found an amp that will nail the AC30 sound without a treble booster. I kept my Fryer Treble booster though. I talked to Greg Fryer and he told me it is a clone of a Cornish TB 83, minus the controls. They are being made in England now, and are affordable now. Mine was hand made by the man himself. I paid 200 bucks for it used. It’s a Treble Booster Plus. What kind of amp are you using?

3. aumnix_1

Fender Mustang with the treble all the way up.

4. Nick-O

Nick-O Senior Stratmaster

There is a '79 greco BM on Reverb. Good seller, no affiliation. Not sure how thick the neck is on the real thing, anyone have that info?

5. aumnix_1

Looks okay but idk rather spend 900 on the BMG tut Brian May sells himself

Nick-O likes this.