Concept Idea for new Reissue Amps.....Calling all Strat-Talk Members!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by The-Kid, Dec 31, 2019.

Reissue Plus. Reissues with modern Features

Poll closed Oct 26, 2020.
  1. Yes

31 vote(s)
    59.6%
  2. No

19 vote(s)
    36.5%
  3. Not sure

2 vote(s)
    3.8%
  1. The-Kid

The-Kid Dr. Stratster Vendor Member

Please dont move this to the amp section as its a petetion for members to hop on and approve, discuss or argue about wether its a good idea or not.

The Concept "The Reissue Plus Series", the idea, take the same reissues we know and love in the 65 series such as The Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb and Princeton Reverb and add modern features to them such as an FX loop, DI for recording, Master Volume/Attenuator all assituated in the back of the panel to keep with asthetics.

If enough of us come together we can make this concept a reality.

These are the only things I can think of that would add value to the amps and make them useful for modern players and the times but if anyone else has some other ideas feel free to chime in?

Made a thread saying Fender was making a new line of amps but just made it up.....it got moved to the amp forum where there is signfigantly less traffic and Im trying get this rollin to petetion Fender to make such amps if there is enough community interest and if enough of us join in.

Its just a concept but Imagine the same Reissues we have now but with modern features. FX loop, DI for recording, Master Volume/Attenuator.

The idea is these would be its own line and the regular Reissues would still be available but a few would be transformed into Plus versions with the extra features for those of us who want them and are willing to pay up.

If we get enough people we can eventually email this thread link to Fender in hopes that they may take it into consideration.

Thanks guys and lets get this going.

Also plan on starting a membership at TGP, Tele Forum and some others solely for the purpose of asking for petetions for this concept.

Join in, the worst that could happen is Fender doesnt make them even if enough of us agree its a good idea but after all no harm in tryint right.

Lets not be afraid to fail and lets do this guys!!!!

Thanks for your time guys and Cheers. Well wishes and happy holidays.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
  2. s5tuart

s5tuart Perfecting time travel since 2525

Mesa have done exactly that with their MK V, incorporating the MK I, MKIIc+ and the MK IV amps, and a host of other features too.
    Switchable Effects loop, solo boost, 6L6 AND EL34 capability, variac power, switchable 90W/45W/10W etc...

I'm surprised that others haven't followed their lead.

Thrup'ny Bit, Cerb and The-Kid like this.
  3. Stark

Stark Still an idiot

I voted yes

Cerb and The-Kid like this.
  4. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

Yes. It seems strange to me that they haven't done it by now.

The-Kid and Cerb like this.
  5. Cerb

Cerb Anti conformist reformist

As a fan and previous owner of Hughes & Kettner amps I kind of wonder why built in attennuator and DI isn't more or less standard on higher end tube amps. Those features are what really make an amp versatile.

The-Kid likes this.
  6. _MS_

_MS_ Strat-Talker

Attenuator !

Grux and The-Kid like this.
  7. The-Kid

Yeah everyone is going this way.

Its something Fender should have done years ago really.

Just got a Princeton LTD and was trying to figure out if it was 12 watts or 15 watts as there are descrepencies on specs online. The back panel says 15 but Fende HQ says its 12 watts peaking at 15. So...again back on topic

I called them at HQ saying aside from the Princeton "why no extra features."

Got the usual " were just trying to make sure to make the same amps everyones been loving for years without changing it" and then got sold on the digital Tone Masters....

I mean still bought a Princeton but I kind of got an impression of them telling me in so many words..."silly boy trix are for kids" you dont know what you want we will make it for you. Which yeah I get because the amps are great but they just completely dismissed it and just pointed at the Tone Master....

Like no offense. But I know what I want and as good as those sounds.....the Tone Master is not it.

So the idea here is to appease the same old guys by keeping the 65 Reissues in the line but a few would be the "Reissue Plus" concept in either Twin Reverb, Deluxe Reverb or Princeton Reverb configuarations.

This way we keep the guys who want the old Reissues like they always were at the same price and also have the updated Plus models with the new features. They would look the same from the front but in the back the updated models would have the extra stuff for people willing to pay up for them.

I would save up for a Twin no problemo.

Also many guys also avoid the Deluxe or the Twin due to no modern features so this could help get some of that market too.

By keeping the same old Reissue we keep the base happy. Also if you already have a Princetone, Deluxe Reverb or Twin you might want to add one of these updated models to the rig or trade up.

This also opens up the market for those who love this amps but dont put money down because of a lack of modern features.

We keep the base, promote new stuff to the base and bring in others who normally wouldnt even consider a Twin for example into their rig because of lack of features, the updates should bring Fenders into these players considerations.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    s5tuart likes this.
  8. The-Kid

I expect that this will take a couple weeks to gather members here to gather enough petetions but Im in it for the long haul and together we can do this guys.

Will start a similar thread at The Gear Page and Telecaster to try to gain addiotional support but with the help of this forum we can hope to get the ball rolling on these and maybe by 2021 they can roll these out for the next decade.

The Reissues are great but its about time they update with modern features. Keep the old ones too...but make some special ones for us tone hunters, geeks, enthusiast and professional artist.

9. The-Kid

Thanks...lol will update my post and edit.

10. The-Kid

not just strange....

Rather lazy..

Lets be honest. They crank out crap like the Bassbreakers, Blues Juniors. I get that price point is where theres a bunch of money. But I feel they are missing out on making some big ones by not releasing updated versions of the Reissue amps.

Some people straight up avoid the Reissue models because of lack of features. I love my Princeton RI. I really do!!! But if there was an updated model given the money I spent....I would have gladly cougged up an extra 300-400 for these features....mainly just for an Attenuator/Master and some home recording. I mean I still crank it but it would have been awesome if it had those features.

Lets be honest. There will not be much R&D. Its just lazy work on their behalf.

I do believe people would want these and pay a few more bucks for these features.

We are just getting the same old amps and adding features. More like adding spinning rims to a wheel rather than reinventing the wheel.....

I mean Im no expert but it seems pretty straight forward.

11. _MS_

_MS_ Strat-Talker

It was in there already wasn't it ? :)
    Pardon my enthusiasm, I would love a PRRI at bedroom levels !

The-Kid likes this.
  12. The-Kid

It was but I may have mispelled it so I fixed it with theh way you wrote it.

I mean yeah. They are small but still loud right. Id pay 300-400 bucks more just for a stock attenuator/master.

What do you guys think 4 way switch cutting down with each turn or a full on knob to taper it to taste?

Thats the only thing I feel there would be a discussion over those who agree these should be made.

About to do the first post at Telecaster forum. Lets hope we get some of those guys onboard too.

Cheers

_MS_ likes this.
  13. Cesspit

Cesspit Strat-O-Master

I'm old so the less knobs the better in my book.

14. The-Kid

That is to be expected and respected.

This is just for the players who need it and want it.

The only extra knob would be Master Attenuator....and it would be in the back. The front would look the same.

15. guitarface

guitarface Most Honored Senior Member

Bassbreaker is not crap.

Ebidis and abnormaltoy like this.
  16. The-Kid

Yes they are great just meant to say there are other amps they make and Im surprised they havent made this cocept yet.

The closest is the Princeton Recording amp bht still not what I am proposing.

[​IMG]

What I am proposing would be the same thing as pictured below but with a Master Volume/Attenuator knob in the back and the Fx loopn and DI for recording.

Main feauture for sure would be MV/Attenuator though for sure. I can see many people jumping on them just for that me included. Buisness in the front...party in the back. This would include the Fender Deluxe Reverb and Twin Reverb

[​IMG]

17. hcski25

hcski25 Strat-Talker

I’d love to see this happen, especially with a line of brownface reissues

abnormaltoy and The-Kid like this.
  18. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Grand Master Curmudgeon

Meh. The idea was good, the implementation not so much.

abnormaltoy likes this.
  19. nederemer

nederemer Senior Stratmaster

Isn't what you're talking about effectively the vintage modified series of amps?

abnormaltoy, The-Kid and dirocyn like this.
  20. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

On the pro side: It would make a great amp. Might sell better than RI's because, let's face it, a RI isn't really a RI.

On the con side: Takes an already pricey amp and makes it pricier. And at the price point, I personally would start to look for alternatives. Or used.

I like the few RI's I've played, but with the SR (only one I've spent more than a few minutes with), I won't pay the going prices if I wanted one because I could buy a AB763 drip edge for the same or less. However, these features your are wanting might make the RI superior in some ways to the antiques. But the RI's are still a PITA to work on compared to the originals.

Having said all of that, I haven't owned a hand-wired amp for probably five years now. While nice if it needs repair or diagnosis, it isn't a "must" for me. I want two things: great sound and a great price. Hence, I haven't bought a brand-new amp since my Mesa 20 years ago.

My viewpoint in summary: your idea is sound. I probably wouldn't be a buyer because I waffle between cheapness and cork-snifferyness. Sound ideas seem sometimes ignored by Fender.