Cry baby wah age and wiring help needed

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by Stratwrangler, May 22, 2020.

1. Stratwrangler

Stratwrangler Senior Stratmaster

Putting this here so the more people here see it , if mods want to move it so be it :thumb:.
    So I've got an early cry baby wah I need to restore any one know how to date it from the serial number and also any one know where I can find the correct wiring diagram from, this ones been messed with a bit also places to source spare parts would be helpful thanks in advance . Serial is 25753. WIN_20200522_13_58_58_Pro.jpg WIN_20200522_13_59_29_Pro.jpg WIN_20200522_13_59_43_Pro.jpg

2. jayoldschool

jayoldschool Mod Admin Staff Member

Admin Post
    If you can't date it from the serial (I'm sure that info is out there), pull the pot and check the date code.

simoncroft likes this.
  3. Stratwrangler

Hadn't thought of that cheers Jay

4. ChrisD

ChrisD Senior Stratmaster

I've repaired and modified loads of these. I'd hazard a guess that it's an early 70's pedal but they are often difficult to date.

If you Google stink foot, I'm sure he still has a lot of diagrams on his site for wiring wahs. I have a set of original crybaby feet from this era if any use to you.

5. Stratwrangler

Thanks Chris I will have a Google , and yes it is missing its feet how did you know lol

6. ChrisD

They always are lol. If you pm me your address I'll pop them in the post to you as soon as I did them out although I'm not sure I have the screws to go with them although I'm not sure I have the screws to go with them:thumb:

duzie likes this.
  7. Stratwrangler

Thanks very much anything else I should be looking out for , I think and hope its just wiring but is there a common part that dies on them or anything ?.

8. Stratwrangler

Couldn't find the diagram but I've sent him an email so hopefully he will get back to me at some point.

9. ChrisD

I don't think I have ever had to replace an electrical component on the board on one of these. Its always the switch or pot. Everything that is there looks original to me. If anything is going to let it down it would be dirt in the pot and the only thing I see missing is the output jack? Rewiring wouldn't be a big job anyway.

Stratwrangler likes this.
  10. Stratwrangler

Cheers Chris I've pm 'd you , yeah Jack is missing needs a new batt connector and not sure about the wiring on the pot there's a black wire coming off the lug to the back of the pot I don't know if it should be there or not ?. You can just see it in this pic
    [​IMG]

Is that correct both wires from the input going to the switch like that the green and white wire .

ChrisD likes this.
  11. ChrisD

Maybe this will help a little? The boards are orientated a little different between this one and yours but it's all the same
    20200522_220002.jpg

12. ChrisD

No that white wire going to the jack should be going to the output jack which is obviously missing. The lower lug on the pot should be to ground but it looks like it's going to the board? Perhaps they have used the black wire you mention on the back of the pot as a ground somewhere? I really would love to know what they were trying to do lol

13. Stratwrangler

That helps loads thank you I didn't think it was remotely right lol, sure I can copy the wiring from that pic you've sent .

14. Stratoholic

Stratoholic Senior Stratmaster

Film Can Inductor. If I remember right, That's very late 60's, very early 70's.

Stratwrangler likes this.
  15. Stratwrangler

Thank you thats roughly what I was thinking

16. ukoldgit

ukoldgit Most Honored Senior Member

17. Stratwrangler

ukoldgit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.