CV Strat trem question...

Discussion in 'Squier Strat Forum' started by AnArmyOfJuan, Aug 14, 2008.

1. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Strat-Talk Member

I'm going to pick up my CV 50's strat next friday, and I've got a question for anyone that has one:
    I've heard that with many Squier strats, if you try to put a spring in the trem arm hole, it will fall right through. is this the case with the CV strat, too? would I be better served just, say, wrapping some teflon tape around the arm to tighten it up a bit?

I realize I could pick up one of those steel blocks from guitarfetish, but I don't want to do any mods to the guitar until I've played it a while.

2. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

Yes, the hole goes all the way through.

3. AnArmyOfJuan

AnArmyOfJuan Strat-Talk Member

okey doke. would Telfon tape work to make the fit a bit more solid? I'm hoping there is something I can do to make it easy to do slight shimmers with the trem without having it flop around too much...

4. asc67

asc67 Senior Stratmaster

I'm not sure, I don't use the Tremolo and have it blocked.

What I would do is: get a short bolt of the same size thread and use it to plug the hole from the bottom of the block and then use the spring.

5. bobthecanadian

bobthecanadian Strat-O-Master

Yes, a little teflon tape will help.

6. Twinman

Twinman Strat-Talk Member

My question about the trem is next....regarding I have a free brass trem block that fits is the tremolo hardware on it self OK or is it the normal chrome plated something????

I was thinking to just buy the GFS tremolo and put it in. I'm quite satisfied with the block I got from them so I guess the whole trems are OK as wel.

Thanks for answers,

Twinman