Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Damn you Tunecore!!!!

Discussion in 'Home Recording Studio' started by Dadocaster, Nov 22, 2017.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Most Honored Senior Member Strat-Talk Supporter

2. TheDuck

TheDuck Senior Stratmaster

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Well, no gray area there :confused:

3. Dadocaster

NOT ACTUALLY THEIR FAULT!!! THEY ARE A GOOD SERVICE!!!

fezz parka likes this.

4. TheDuck

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Are you having a "moment"?
    Do you need a hug, a blanket, puppy, safe space?

You know Im just breaking your ba...... err, man parts, LOL :whistling: :D

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.

5. Raimonds

Raimonds Strat-O-Master

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia

6. Dadocaster

Yes to the first part, big NO to that last part.

7. TheDuck

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody

8. Dadocaster

OK, here is the deal. if you stop and think about it, a service like Tunecore that puts your music on a zillion streaming/downloading platforms would have to have some kind of rigid standard for format of art and titles/attribution/this and that. So, boyo and I have been thinking of our project using a happy accident of Simon referring to us as dado/boyo. When I put my Tunecore releases together I used dado/boyo as the artist and the artwork also has dado/boyo on it. Due to that character in the middle, the system would not allow the release of the songs. So they sent me little REJECTED notices and asked me to fix it. I went and changed artist to Dadoboyo and sent an inquiry regarding whether that was sufficient. It did solve problem number one, but then the info did not mach the art so that has to be corrected too.

So far they are being super professional and giving good support. My yelling was just out of frustration. :D

TheDuck likes this.

9. TheDuck

Jan 12, 2016
    Lil' Rhody
    Symbols like ? | # @ etc can give some systems fits, and therefor are rejected.

Yea, its a major pain in the shorts, but its pretty common.

dante1963 likes this.

10. Dadocaster

Yep. A matter of my lack of familiarity. I am super happy that we cleared the hurdle of formatting the art correctly and getting the files right.

That thing the "Law of three" or four, or five sure does apply to all the music stuff. Anything you attempt takes three, four or five times as much time as you expected. Unless you are really good at it. :D

TheDuck likes this.

11. Raimonds

Raimonds Strat-O-Master

Mar 28, 2015
    Latvia
    §
    what about some not so famous aussie group AC/DC? Would they be rejected if they would start to use the platform?

simoncroft likes this.

12. Dadocaster

OK, so now I have more GOOD STUFF to say about Tunecore. I received another email from another denizen of the bowels of Tuncore saying that he had tidied up and RELEASED my singles. Now that is customer service and making the best of a bad situation.

Kudos, Tunecore.

simoncroft likes this.

13. simoncroft

simoncroft Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

May 30, 2013
    SE England
    I can change the artwork, no problem. But, if it's any consolation, there are lots of instances where the name of an act, or even an organization, does not appear in text the way it does in their logo. I know, because it used to be part of my job to ensure that the text in magazines and newspapers actually conformed to the norms of grammar, despite the best efforts of their public relations people.

I remember one trade show where a new exhibitor we'll call ABC decided their name was actually rendered something like (((A||B||C))) in the middle of news stories. Not on my watch it wasn't!

The worst offender was another company we'll call XYZ, who decided the company name was <XYZ>. The problem is those little brackets are used to contain tags describing typographical styles in the newspaper layout program Quark Xpress. When it encountered nonsensical style definitions like <XYZ>, with no reciprocal </XYZ> closing tag, all sorts of weird things would happen.

As the artist formerly known as Prince used to say: "It's just a name, man."

I see Tunecore has now done right by you though. :thumb:

14. Dadocaster

Indeed. The 2nd Tunecor-ior left the lower case with brackets dado/boyo on the artwork and released with Artist in info as Dadoboyo. That's good enough for me.

fezz parka and simoncroft like this.