Join Strat-Talk Today

Dang, the Halloween treats hit the shelves late last week!

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by LPBlue, Sep 21, 2019.

1. LPBlue

LPBlue "That Guy", again...dammit! Strat-Talk Supporter

Bulk packs of chips, little candy bars and what have you are clogging up the grocery store and September has not breathed it's last as of yet.

I tend to buy after the day for the discounts and the ability to purchase a supply that will last me/friends/their kids/grandkids, all the next year.:cool:

The little ones always know that "Guitar John" has a stash of treats somewhere!:cool:

T Bone Slort likes this.
  2. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast Strat-Talk Supporter

Funny you should say that, I bought some licorice for Lisa today in bulk. I don't eat it normally, but I eat one this time.

Halloween can be so boring and predicable. This year I plan to shake things up by handing out baby zebras instead. I bought a bunch a costco.

T Bone Slort and Bodean like this.
  3. valor19

valor19 Strat-O-Master

I had to go to the dreaded big box department store and tons of Halloween stuff out already. Also they had Christmas stuff out!! Only a little Christmas stuff, and it was clear they are in the process of setting up the displays, etc. But it is September and have Christmas trees up already. Jeesh!

4. Andrew Wasson

Andrew Wasson Senior Stratmaster

Same thing up here. I’ve been away for a month so I don’t know when they came out but I did a quick visit to the grocery store and it’s all stocked up. Completely surprised me. I stocked up on Kit Kats and a bag of hose little Cadbury chocolate Easter eggs.

EDIT: I like handing out the Halloween candy. Last year I was sick and couldn’t do it but the year before I was alternating playing guitar and answering the door to give the candy out. The funnies thing was when a mini Luke Skywalker came to the door, looked past the candy bowl into the living room and made a B-line for my Black Strat. He didn’t care at all about the candy. It was all about the guitar. I told his dad I’d teach him some guitar when he’s big enough to hold the guitar.

Last edited: Sep 21, 2019
    T Bone Slort likes this.
  5. circles

Science says Kit Kats are the perfect candy bar, second only to Cadbury Fruit and Nut bars.

giphy.gif

Cadbury eggs, however... you should know the truth :eek::

Andrew Wasson likes this.
  6. GuitLoop

GuitLoop Strat-Talker

Well my local walmart has Christmas trees and decorations up already. What's up with that?

7. himijendrix

himijendrix Senior Stratmaster

A couple of my local restaurants are advertising Christmas dinner already.

8. Wrighty

Wrighty Most Honored Senior Member

In one of the shops local to me they’ve cleared the Halloween shelves for the Christmas stuff..........honest, saw it today, three months before the day.

circles likes this.
  9. circles

Anybody dressing up this year?

I'm not sure what this costume is...

il_1588xN.1643904072_nemg.jpg

Very effective!

costumes.png

There you go. A witch. That's Halloween, not Yoda anyway. Spooky!

PHC1084BL_1.jpg

I once went to a party dressed as death, including a black (semi transparent hard to see into) cloth face screen. I went home with someone that evening but never said anything the whole time.

Absurd.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.