Dark Night Strat with mint green pickguard knobs etc

SGD74

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 4, 2021
United Kingdom
Been reading these forums for years and own many guitars, I thought it was about time I joined!

I was close to buying a Dark Night but then I saw a picture of a Blue Pearl Dust strat and thought the look was so much better than an all black Dark Night. I decided to buy new American Pro II parts from Stratosphere to make one myself. I’m from the UK so money wise this worked out way cheaper for me.

I thought I’d share because I think it looks cool and I couldn’t see any other examples around when I searched :)

full

Last edited:

Ruscio

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 14, 2016
Pennsylvania
Been reading these forums for years and own many guitars, I thought it was about time I joined!

I was close to buying a Dark Night but then I saw a picture of a Blue Pearl Dust strat and thought the look was so much better than an all black Dark Night. I decided to buy new American Pro II parts from Stratosphere to make one myself. I’m from the UK so money wise this worked out way cheaper for me.

I thought I’d share because I think it looks cool and I couldn’t see any other examples around when I searched :)

full

That's a great look! Nicely done.

Mr Jagsquire

Strat-O-Master
Sep 26, 2020
Berkshire
I decided to buy new American Pro II parts from Stratosphere to make one myself. I’m from the UK so money wise this worked out way cheaper for me.

Welcome to the forum. :)

I've looked at Stratosphere, but with import taxes and duties it seems to work out pretty expensive for us in the UK, so I've ended up buying elsewhere. Frustrating as they seem to have the things I'd want otherwise.

Nice guitar, turned out well I think. :)

SGD74

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 4, 2021
United Kingdom
Welcome to the forum. :)

I've looked at Stratosphere, but with import taxes and duties it seems to work out pretty expensive for us in the UK, so I've ended up buying elsewhere. Frustrating as they seem to have the things I'd want otherwise.

Nice guitar, turned out well I think. :)

Hi. It was just under £1,100 including delivery and import fees (neck, body with bridge/trem, and loaded pickguard). You need patience to find what you’re looking for and a bit of luck. I managed to dodge import fees for loaded pickguard ;)

SGD74

Strat-Talk Member
Jul 4, 2021
United Kingdom
This is the guitar that that inspired me modify the Dark Night look:
https://sherwoodphoenix.co.uk/produ...guitar-american-blue-pearl-dust-used-e957362/

Although I’m not a fan of covered pickup covers! I was going to get a maple neck with a standard Dark Night but I think rosewood looks so much better with this look. I’ve got guitars with both, so I’m not bothered as I like both types of necks as much as each other.

The mint green loaded pickguard from a AM Pro 2 is half way between mint green and parchment compared to other guitars I have with mint green (Nashville Tele Deluxe, Classic Series 60s Strat, etc).