Join Strat-Talk Today

Dean Markley Signature Nicklesteel strings...

Discussion in 'Tech-Talk' started by gcconspiracy, Mar 6, 2009.

1. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

Hey guys, I just changed my strings last night, and threw on a pair of 10-46 Dean Markley Signature Nicklesteel Electric strings on my strat for the first time ever. To be honest, I only bought them because the shop was low on all the brands I usually use. Anyways, long story short, I really like them! I'm not sure why, but I always thought they were a really junky string until now. Has anyone else had good or bad experiences with these strings? I may be crazy, but they seem to play nicer than my normal brand of strings!

-gcc

DMS - NickelSteel Electric™

2. xfsl0001

xfsl0001 Strat-Talk Member

Dean Markley are not junky strings, i would never say that. Never tried the Signature ones in any case. The regular ones are quite similar to regular d'Addario, Ernie Ball or whatever in the same price range, it depends on what you prefer. I had some bad experience with Dean Markley Blues because they are extremely though, 010's were as much though as 11s, I just didn't find it interesting but the sound was nice.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.