Join Strat-Talk Today

Delay Pedal setup...

Discussion in 'The Effect effect' started by gcconspiracy, Nov 21, 2009.

1. gcconspiracy

gcconspiracy Strat-O-Master

okay, so I had a delay pedal given to me a while back (Digitech DigiDelay), and although I've had some fun playing with it, I've never gotten the sound I want out of it. I'm trying to get a ethereal "spacious" sound without having everything get super muddy... I can get things to sound super good if I'm playing something slow, but I'd love to find a setting that lets me play anything, and just puts a nice touch of delay on it. Anyways, any help is much appreciated.

-gcc

2. Poseidon9447

Poseidon9447 Strat-O-Master

3. platypibri

platypibri Senior Stratmaster

The rule of thumb is (and that's all it is, there are no real "rules")... This is an effect that works well as late in the signal chain as you can get it. I prefer it in the fx loop if you have one. I'd put it after any volume pedals, so the effect will trail off naturally. The more repeats and the more delay time, the more likely there will conflicts between the notes that you played and the notes you are playing. The best thing is to set it up so you can play and reach it to tweak the knobs as you play, and find the sounds you like.

4. gcconspiracy

wow, thanks guys... the video was definitely interesting (especially since you found the EXACT pedal.. very cool!), and your info made a lot of sense BeachBand. Now I need to block out a chunk of time to sit down and tweak the snot out of my pedal (by the sound of things, that's the only way to get this figured out).

-gcc

5. Poseidon9447

Poseidon9447 Strat-O-Master

6. gcconspiracy

thanks poseidon, I do have the manual, and have tried the settings outlined in it... just weren't quite what I was looking for.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.