Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Deluxe Powerhouse Strat owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Sprocket, Feb 8, 2011.

1. marivor58

marivor58 Strat-Talk Member

Apr 16, 2015
    England
    Here's mine. Got it yesterday,very hard to put down. Pewter, I think?

Attached Files:

2. jpmist

jpmist Strat-Talker

Mar 26, 2010
    Decatur
    Nice, that's a rare color for a PH, whatever it is. Pewter is not listed on either of the Fender Spec sheets but it is a Clapton Sig color. Is your battery cover angled (early models) or straight up and down?

3. marivor58

Apr 16, 2015
    England
    Angled.Checked the serial number, 2002.

Attached Files:

4. danagos

danagos Strat-Talk Member

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    This is kind of long winded...but has good information for this sort of question.

The answer is in the 4th line from the bottom...in this reply from Fender to a similar question:
    consumerrelations@fender.com:

Fender discontinued some pretty good colors too! - Dan

DISCONTINUED COLORS:
    (309) Candy Apple Red, 1/2005,
    (343) Pewter, 1/2005,
    (363) Grafitti Yellow, 1/2005,
    (302) Lake Placid Blue, 7/2001
    (380) Arctic White, 7/2001

Fender® Forums - Powerhouse Stratocaster

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015

5. jpmist

jpmist Strat-Talker

Mar 26, 2010
    Decatur
    Many thanks Danogos for filling me in on that!

But I guess colors got added from time to time.

And for what it's worth that part about "Width @ Nut: 1-11/16” (43 mm)" can't be right.

I don't think any MIM necks were ever 43 mm. At least none of the 6 so PH that I've come across.

6. danagos

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    My 2006 MIM Jimmie Vaughan Nut is 1.634" (41.54mm) - close enough for an Imperial 1 5/8"...

My 2002 Clapton is 1.651" (41.95mm) his preference

I think you're right about 1 11/16" (43mm) being exclusive to US mfg.

...but a LOT of MIM stuff is finally busting out of the low quality perception due to some real nice guitars...like the Classic Series. Unfortunately the Powerhouse didn't get that treatment...and competed (pretty well) with their own Clapton Series...can't have that :)

Please address all complaints...well meaning or other...to consumerrelations@fender.com :D

7. CARBr6

CARBr6 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2015
    London
    To relic or not to relic

Okay so I've got a 2001 DPH in Pewter (Yes Pewter, definitely Pewter Fender have confirmed that yo me themselves) and I love it, however I also love a relic'd strat and have been obsessing slightly about Brett Papa's white Partscaster (for those of you who don't know who or what I am talking about check out Papastache on youtube and you'll see the guitar in question)
    it looks badass and I wonder about relicing my guitar (I can't afford to have more than one at the moment) but I don't want to do something I will regret later.
    Has anyone relic'd their DPH, how does it look with the pearloid scratchplate?

Thanks

8. danagos

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    I think that would fall into the Regrets column...

Most traditional relic-ing is done to nitro finished guitars because of the soft finish...

...your PowerHouse is finished in Urethane...a hard finish...as most modern guitars are...

...it doesn't relic Easy or Artistically...mainly cracks & chunks rather than simulated wear...

This is my "Glossy Relic" build...body is a Fender Hwy One...they have a Nitro finish...

[​IMG]

9. marivor58

Apr 16, 2015
    England
    Call me old-fashioned, but the look described as "relic" is achieved through long usage, the odd mishap, etc. When people start to "relic" their physical appearance, "retro" lining their faces, dying their hair " '50s Grey", then I'll know the world's gone mad.

10. danagos

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    Yeah..yeah..yeah...so what? How does that add to the question asked in any way?

That tired interpretation of a "natural relic" cannot be achieved with hard modern guitar finishes...

The "Glossy Relic" build I posted started as a well used 6 year old Nitro finished body full of scratches and dings...

I find some relics are artistic loving re-creations...others less so...no different than factory finishes...some are beautiful...others are hard to take seriously...but somebody loves them.

Here's another example of using naturally relic-ed parts my "Hot Rod Brownie" build...a well played 13 y/o Clapton neck (Eric's preference)...naturally darkened and dinged...Refretted w/Med Jumbos...

...mated to a new Fender Hot Rod 50's vintage Ash 2 tone Sunburst Nitro finish body...ready for the new owner to cherish or naturally relic.

Push Pull pot for "Bridge Pup On"...Mid Boost and DiMarzio Area 67-58-61 Pickups (stacked single humbuckers)...

[​IMG]

11. CARBr6

CARBr6 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2015
    London
    Thanks for the advice Danagos.
    The 'hard' finish hadn't occurred to me, I shall leave it alone.
    Maybe one day I'll find a cheap body and build my own 'relic'!

12. danagos

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    I think you and the next owner will appreciate an immaculate Pewter finish...

When you're ready those Fender Hwy One bodies are Nitro finished and affordable...

13. Olds442

Olds442 Strat-Talk Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Chicago
    thinking about joining this club.

reading this thread isn't holding me back much. argh.

14. Olds442

Olds442 Strat-Talk Member

Jun 16, 2015
    Chicago
    [​IMG]

i'm in. i love this thing but the pots are a little wobbley. may be time for a tune up under the hood. ;-)

15. CARBr6

CARBr6 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2015
    London
    Okay, me again with more (potentially) stupid questions.
    I know that, according to the spec sheet, I have Volume Control, then a No-Load Tone control, then the mid-boost control. However, my tone control feels more like a TBX Master tone control. There is a definite click/lock to the dial when I reach 10, is this right or am I just getting confused. I don't have any experience with 'normal' strats and I've never touched a Clapton strat so wouldn't know the difference. Is this odd or am I just stupid?

16. danagos

Mar 19, 2011
    Wayne, NJ USA
    That's how it should be...the No-Load refers to the point where you click...there's "no load" from the pot...it's wide open. You should be able to hear a difference in tone.

- Dan

17. hardtail01

hardtail01 Strat-O-Master

Sep 27, 2012
    The South
    The TBX has a detent at 5, whereas the No Load has the detent at 10. Yours is exactly as it should be.

I'm a fan of the No Load pot, as it adds more high end(by effectively removing the whole variable resistor from the circuit). It's a nice touch which helps in those times when you need just a little 'more.'

18. CARBr6

CARBr6 Strat-Talk Member

Feb 13, 2015
    London
    Excellent. Thank guys

19. Nathanstrat9

Nathanstrat9 Strat-Talk Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Philippines
    I have a 2002 powerhouse in grafiti yellow with rosewood fretboard. Will post photos tomorrow cause I still dont know how... Lol.

Glad to see we have a thread for this amazing guitar.

20. Nathanstrat9

Nathanstrat9 Strat-Talk Member

Sep 29, 2015
    Philippines
    Hey Im wondering whem you imstalled the .047 cap did it male the sound warmer or brighter. Thanks