Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

Deluxe Powerhouse Strat owners club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by Sprocket, Feb 8, 2011.

1. ved1972

ved1972 New Member!

Dec 26, 2016
    US
    Anyone have issues with the bridge saddles? They never seems to 'fit' together quite right for me and i had intonation issues. It was like they put standard mim saddles in the bridge that had wider spacing.

I picked up some graph tech stainless saddles in the classic spacing, and they seem to be working better. Took me about 10 minutes to intonate and boy is there a difference sonically.

Anyone else had issues with the saddles on this bridge?

2. Cathal

Cathal New Member!

Jun 27, 2017
    Ireland
    have this a couple of years my first decent guitar I bought pretty sure the two tone pots have been replaced because the caps don't fit them and they turn the opposite way there meant to think that was the guys in the shop when I bought it when I asked them to switch the pickguard. Also one of the sadles has been replace unfortunately. It's a 1997 so I the first year produced I haven't taken the neck off to see the exact date but fender told me it was a 97 by the serial number

Last edited: Jun 27, 2017

3. Cathal

Cathal New Member!

Jun 27, 2017
    Ireland
    Here's the guitat

Attached Files:

Fenderguy710 likes this.

4. Cathal

Cathal New Member!

Jun 27, 2017
    Ireland
    Just wondering this blue wire isn't connected to anything on my guitar what that means? Would really appreciate any help

Attached Files:

5. 30yearson

30yearson Strat-Talk Member

Apr 1, 2012
    LONDON
    Hi Everyone........just a quick post to say that regrettably I have listed my Pristine LPB Powerhouse Strat on Gumtree. So if anyone living in Yorkshire is interested please check out the Ad. I'll just have to make do with my Plus now.

6. Fenderguy710

Fenderguy710 Strat-Talk Member

Aug 1, 2017
    Evansdale, IA
    I know this post is old but I got a RWRP Pickup for my mid position and would sell the middle America Standard Pickup and dummy coil.

7. Fenderguy710

Aug 1, 2017
    Evansdale, IA
    IMG_20170803_011645370.jpg IMG_20170803_011645370.jpg Got a Fender Custom Shop Fat 50s RWRP middle pick-up for $10. Going to put it in the mid position and pull out the stock pick-up and dummy coil. I'm finally going to cut the resistors and crank the mids up to 25db. Also will be restyling with new plastic and pickguard.

Attached Files:

8. Fenderguy710

Aug 1, 2017
    Evansdale, IA
    There is a dummy coil placed under the pick guard for noise canceling. You do get completely noiseless in 2 and 4.

9. Fenderguy710

Aug 1, 2017
    Evansdale, IA
    I can't really see it in the picture. I'm installing a new pickup in mine within the next few days and will take a look. There are 2 resistors on the mid boost pot, if you remove them you will have 25 db total boost.

10. LBXPDX

LBXPDX Strat-Talker

Mar 18, 2015
    Portland
    Late to the game, but I got my powerhouse at round 2 months ago. I had intended to flip it, but it sounds and feels too darn good. The neck is spectacular, the rolled edges feel great, I love the mid boost and no load tone pot, I can get so many different tones out of this thing. I must have got a good one as it's pretty light, extremely resonant and sounds amazing acoustically.

11. Strebs

Strebs New Member!

Aug 30, 2016
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm in. Ordered a 2001 LPB rosewood Powerhouse from Guitar Center's used section. It included a HSC for $350. This thing looks pretty much new with only a couple of pinhead-sized nicks in the clear coat. It's probably a 9.5 out of 10 condition. It's a closet classic. The fretwork is incredibly nice and the neck is comfortable. I'm in the process of setting it up and it's really nice. I always liked American Standard pickups and the boost circuit gives them some versatility. The neck seems a bit chunkier than the other MIMs that I've played, but it may just be my imagination since I don't have one for a side by side.

I'll probably change the pickguard out for an old aged white that I have laying around, but other than that, I can't think of much I'd want to mod.

Last edited: Nov 22, 2017

12. jpmist

jpmist Strat-Talker

Mar 26, 2010
    Decatur
    I always liked American Standard pickups and the boost circuit gives them some versatility.

??? Unless they were swapped, the Fender spec sheet describes them as "Pickups: 3 Powerhouse Ultra-Quiet Single-Coil Strat® Pickups" which frankly could be anything they say, dunno how they compare with Am Std Strats in terms of magnet type etc. I swapped them out for Laces and clipped that resister wire as I wanted to get closer to Clapton's tone. If memory serves the middle pickup wasn't reverse wound, reverse polarity so there's that.

Yeah, the pearl pickguard is an acquired taste, I don't mind it. Congrats on your NGD, this model is a great bargain!

13. Strebs

Strebs New Member!

Aug 30, 2016
    Birmingham, AL
    I'm pretty sure they are American Standard pickups. The part number 0039826000 is for an American Standard pickup. The middle is not RWRP though which makes the dummy coil work.

14. Ace38

Ace38 Strat-Talker

Aug 8, 2016
    Tulsa, OK.
    Unless someone else changed them, the stock pickups are what was in the American Standard of the era. Confirmed on another forum by Bill Turner, the man who designed the Powerhouse for Fender.

15. jpmist

jpmist Strat-Talker

Mar 26, 2010
    Decatur
    Interesting, thanks.

I did find a Fender spec sheet showing the 0039826000 serial for a 2000 era American Standard Strat, but only for the bridge pickup.

https://p4.zdassets.com/hc/theme_assets/549136/200076499/010-7400_02C_SISD.pdf

16. Strebs

Strebs New Member!

Aug 30, 2016
    Birmingham, AL
    I swapped the pick guard today and took some pics of the electronics
    IMG_20171129_103547.jpg IMG_20171129_103543.jpg

And here it is with an old white pick guard

IMG_20171129_131955.jpg

2 mods planned... I ordered a Wilkinson tremolo and a baseplate for the bridge pickup

Attached Files:

17. jimmyv723

jimmyv723 New Member!

Nov 30, 2017
    Western New York
    just joined the site and the Powerhouse Owners Club as well. Picked up a 2002 in Pewter and liking it a lot. First strat in many years and reminds me a lot of my Clapton I used to have back in the day and even in the same color. Here's a pic of the new addition to my collection...

[​IMG]

Strebs likes this.

18. Strebs

Strebs New Member!

Aug 30, 2016
    Birmingham, AL
    Congrats! Pewter is an awesome color! I'm loving the mid-boost and the virtually silent pickups on these things!!!