Join Strat-Talk Today

DIY'ing an A/B/Y pedal

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by Green Craig, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

I bought one of these pedals from an antique store...The previous owner opened the case up, messed up the passive boost switch, and also replaced the wiring with a friggin' paper clip. Being that I purchased it from an antique store, I got a heckuva deal, but I also had no way to open it and test it out before I brought it home.

Having said all that, I basically have a metal box with 2 switches on it. Can you guys recommend a wiring diagram and parts list for a simple A/B/Y pedal that can be wired up into the metal box?

2. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Green Craig likes this.
  3. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Thanks! Yes, I know it would've been exactly as simple as Googling it, but I thought I'd turn to my imaginary friends on Strat Talk to see if all could make a recommendation :D

4. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

https://www.guitarristas.info/foros/fabricacion-pedal-b-ayb/122215
    This one is a little more refined with some resistors to load the inputs a bit to reduce noise. Still uses two LEDs.
    There's another one that allows for 3 LEDs, but requires 3PTD switches... not sure what is in that box... though if they aren't 2PDT, you'll need a new pair anyways.

Bodean likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.