DIY'ing an A/B/Y pedal

Discussion in 'DIY Effects Forum' started by Green Craig, Jun 30, 2019.

1. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

I bought one of these pedals from an antique store...The previous owner opened the case up, messed up the passive boost switch, and also replaced the wiring with a friggin' paper clip. Being that I purchased it from an antique store, I got a heckuva deal, but I also had no way to open it and test it out before I brought it home.

Having said all that, I basically have a metal box with 2 switches on it. Can you guys recommend a wiring diagram and parts list for a simple A/B/Y pedal that can be wired up into the metal box?

2. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Green Craig likes this.
  3. Green Craig

Green Craig Senior Stratmaster

Thanks! Yes, I know it would've been exactly as simple as Googling it, but I thought I'd turn to my imaginary friends on Strat Talk to see if all could make a recommendation :D

4. CB91710

CB91710 This is a Custom Title Gold Member Strat-Talk Supporter

https://www.guitarristas.info/foros/fabricacion-pedal-b-ayb/122215
    This one is a little more refined with some resistors to load the inputs a bit to reduce noise. Still uses two LEDs.
    There's another one that allows for 3 LEDs, but requires 3PTD switches... not sure what is in that box... though if they aren't 2PDT, you'll need a new pair anyways.

Bodean likes this.