Do I need to care anymore?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by LPBlue, Jun 12, 2021.

1. matsont123

matsont123 New Member! Silver Member

I have long since not cared. Before 2018 when I bought a practice amp to take to work, my last amp purchase was from 2007 and before that 1983. My amp purchases from after 2018 were for four amps built between 1997 and 2009 and they are all no frills amps that the makers got right but that are now discontinued. Over the years I have tried some modeling amps in the stores but most sounded poorly and all the pedals I've acquired over the years sound better and are much easier to work with. I don't need my amp to have wi-fi or the ability to control my amp from an iPhone, it just doesn't interest me.

2. riverman

riverman New Member!

Hi I’m the same age, it’s the Marie Kondo question does it speak to when you hold it? I have been buying and selling gear the last 15 years and it can be addictive and potentially a waste of money. However the occasional nice piece is worth getting. I have a hand wired 5e3 Deluxe made by a friend that is outstanding. My latest is a Strymon Flint reverb and tremolo - totally modern and digital but great old school sounding effects and it also gives a classic warm boost to the tone of your rig.

3. Doc538

Doc538 Strat-Talker

Well...... You ain't dead so sure why not ! Just because we are old doesn't mean we can't still get excited by something new and inovated. Do you have to have, maybe not. do you need it, probably not. Does anything spark your interest ? If so buy it if you can, worst case is your decendents will have more things to cherish (SELL). I like personal gifts myself, not cash cards so I plan to leave my estate cash free and full of loving gifts. Well gifts I loved for them to Cherish :rolleyes: Oh No my spell check crashed !