Do these pickups look like Texas Specials to you?

Discussion in 'Pickup Forum' started by brmusician, Jun 21, 2021.

1. brmusician

brmusician Strat-Talker

Hello,

Just bought a second-hand SRV strat and I'd like to ask if the electronics look original to you.

[​IMG]

Exhead likes this.
  2. hamerfan

hamerfan Strat-Talker

They look right! I see the red and blue dot. I see the yellow wire on the middle pickup. They should have staggered magnets and maroon pickup wire under the covers.

Baelzebub, brmusician and Exhead like this.
  3. Baelzebub

Baelzebub Dr. Stratster

I have a question. I have a set of Tx Sp.'s that came out of a 2016 American Special Strat. They are identical to the OP's set and have the proper staggering, wires and maroon coil wire. The only thing missing with is a blue dot on the neck pickup.

Is this due vary due to the model the TX Sp's are being used on?

4. sjtalon

sjtalon Senior Stratmaster

The dots, blue and red are not good for a id deal actually, because F50 will have them as well.................and either of the pickups can very well NOT have any dots.

5. hamerfan

hamerfan Strat-Talker

I have two sets: 1994 Lone Star Strat set with no dots and no stickers, the other set about 15 years old with dots but no stickers.
    As far as I know the old ones had no dots, the stickers came with the first aftermarket pups. But now it seems that factory installed and aftermarket ones have both - dots and stickers, but stickers not always on all pickups. The older TS had also a bridge pup with higher DCR, round 7.2k. I hope that helps.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2021