Join Strat-Talk Today

Do you consider this to be "good acoustic tone" for a Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by 57Strat777, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

Now now...enough with the silly deflections....you have the unique opportunity to post some evidence that ll prove iam lying.....get on with it...find the people the conquered the tone in a blind test and post some videos...or articles....i mean you fight so passionately about it that you should be able to find tons of evidence out there.....if not...for what exactly are you fighting for....a belief?iam curious....

2. Willmunny

Willmunny Strat-Talker

Nate D, 3bolt79, StratMike10 and 2 others like this.
  3. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

Dude, I am going to be as polite as I can when I say this but I haven't read a word you said in this thread that made any sense as it relates to the OP topic. In addition, numerous posters have told you you're not making any sense and yet you keep on the same path. I can only conclude that you have some kind of mental impairment.

Nate D, 3bolt79 and fezz parka like this.
  4. fezz parka

fezz parka Making a record.... Strat-Talk Supporter

5. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

The electric guitar has tiny sound unplugged.If one has a slightly bigger sound than the other its still tiny and doesnt affect the real sound when the guitar is plugged in. There i summed what i said for you...

There is no proof that anyone can spot difference in a blind test that all iam saying.I asked if you have any proof since apparently i have a mental impairment and cant function to find it myself but even you cant find any shred of evidence of someone that can positively do it.Apparently its the only aural "skill"(unlike relative and perfect pitch) without actual people possessing it....

Last but not least..if you dont like me answering to you...dont quote my posts. you choose to read them and post answers....no one kicked the door of your house and invaded your privacy...

6. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

[​IMG]

Nate D, montemerrick and fezz parka like this.
  7. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

8. stevierayfan91

stevierayfan91 Deeply Shy. Strat-Talk Supporter

@57Strat777

Hi.. I thought your playing was awesome sounding, and melodic !!

9. scogs

scogs Strat-Talk Member

Makes sense, but then why all the discussion about body woods like swamp ash, mahogany, chambered vs non-chambered, assuming the type of wood impacts the unplugged sound? How does the wood type factor in to the plugged in tone of the guitar?

3bolt79 likes this.
  10. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

For most people in this thread, it does, to my ears it doesn't. I can't say much else....

11. dirocyn

dirocyn Senior Stratmaster

I can. I have heard the difference between a guitar with a brass nut and without, in a blind test of a recording. I described one as "yellower." Most of us can hear differences between guitars, both plugged in and not, and many of us have tried the same pickup in multiple guitars so we know. But you won't take anyone's word for it, you want more "proof" than that. How do you prove to a blind man that the sky is blue, when he has never experienced and doesn't believe in color?

But it's worse than that, because even if I do prove it to the satisfaction of everyone else here, you probably won't believe it.

3bolt79, StratMike10 and 57Strat777 like this.
  12. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

Thanks for listening! I have no doubt that player influenced me. I have listened to him quite a lot.

knh555 likes this.
  13. montemerrick

montemerrick you can't stay the fool Strat-Talk Supporter

you know, the aroma of wine is an important part of assessing wine. ridiculing what one cannot perceive is the hallmark of provincial ignorance.

14. fezz parka

Yep. And its the hallmark of the internets. Any goober who can type can spread their ideas at will.

This is going to ruffle feathers...but I have no idea about what people type about here on the internets. It could be fact...it could be fiction.
    But when they post a sample of their playing...I know exactly what they're trying to say. You can't hide behind music like you can hide behind the typed word. That's why when someone types something that is questionable...I challenge them much like the OP did earlier:

Post your playing so I can get a feel for where you're coming from.

You can hide behind words. With words alone, you can be whatever and whoever you want to be. You can't hide behind your music. The person playing the music...that's the real you. ;)

Nate D, duzie, owenmoney and 6 others like this.
  15. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

This is the thread that doesn't end....and it goes on and on my friend.....some people started commenting not knowing what it was, and they'll just keep on commenting forever just because.... :p

dirocyn, 3bolt79, 57Strat777 and 2 others like this.
  16. CigBurn

CigBurn Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

No one knows I'm a dog.

3bolt79, montemerrick and fezz parka like this.
  17. montemerrick

montemerrick you can't stay the fool Strat-Talk Supporter

personally, i think its cute when dogs don't know their cover is blown...

18. fezz parka

Yep...

But I've heard you play Ryan. I know and like where you're coming from. :)

19. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

Yes i totally agree that its an important part and i know that there are people in that industry that can do it extremely competently....but thats exactly my point....you cant find ANYONE who can do that with tone only by ear....its easy for someone to get irked by the sharp edges or the not perfectly level frets and the subpar tuners of a squier and to convince himself(mainly from playability issues) that this guitar sounded so inferior than the american strat he tried next cause his mind accounts all his biases whether he wants it or not....but play him back a track with that squier and that standard....equal bars each and if you tell him this is just a squier for example...he ll find all the track..underwhelming....not just the part where the squier is playing.....on the same note if you tell him the whole track is the american..he ll find the whole track great not just the part where the american is playing...

My point is that no one can sniff the...tone cork and deep down they all know it....they post their rooms full of gear and ll explain to all us heathens ,that apparently belong to a mental hospital ,how resonance works posting graphs and all but ll never ever ever succeed in a blind test.So i somehow agree..to call them corksniffers is an insult to actual corksniffers at least they can do it.....

20. nutball73

nutball73 Senior Stratmaster

All I'm saying is there are some people on here who don't get out enough.

Play in a bar full of people and the wood, strings and acoustic strumming mean squat. A good amp and tone controls do what is required.

However sitting in a quiet bedroom, suddenly using vintage correct wire for your pickups becomes the most important thing.

Thrup'ny Bit likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.