Join Strat-Talk Today

Do you consider this to be "good acoustic tone" for a Strat?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by 57Strat777, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Dadocaster

Dadocaster Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

The loudest solidbodies I have played have all been strat type guitars. Therefore, I think a lot of the acoustic properties being discussed are actually due to old growth, well harvested, kiln dried.....................plastic.

3bolt79 likes this.
  2. fezz parka

fezz parka Making a record.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Thats part of it. There's a part where he demonstrates the series by sharply playing then muting the fundamental while holding open the octave, the fifth, the third etc. That lecture series changed my life. :D

Here it is:

The complete 1st lecture.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2019 at 12:20 AM
  3. fezz parka

fezz parka Making a record.... Strat-Talk Supporter

Home run. Touch 'em all. ;)

Nate D and 3bolt79 like this.
  4. 3bolt79

3bolt79 Senior Stratmaster

Well, this discussion was spirited. Interesting thread guys n gals.

5. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

Actually they wont be perceived by human ears...thats the whole point....you have two solid body guitars played unplugged with their puny sound...one ll be less puny that the other(no one disputes that) but when amplified(which is electric guitars actual function) the difference wont be perceived by human ears.Its like walking in a thick fog and the next week in a less thicker one....if they are both thick ENOUGH so you cant see, they are essentially the same...same here, the differences are not big enough for the ear to hear...so they basically amount to zero for our perception(maybe your dog ll be annoyed...but not you).

Like i said....for something to be a thing...you must find someone who ACTUALLY DIT IT.Why no one disputes that there are people with excellent relative and perfect pitch?Cause many times in the past people were tested for it objectively and passed with flying colors....so if you were to say to me that you have perfect pitch for example..even if i was sceptical i could never dispute that it exists cause people in the past proved that they had it.

There was never a single case of someone who was tested for "tone" and passed.I dont mean having a good time playing guitar A then guitar B and talk about the differences with your pals..iam talking about objective blind testing.....So if no one ever did it successfully then why we even talk about it like its a thing.

ill admit that people can fly when i see them do it...i ll admit those differences are audible when people hear a track and jump out at the change in "tone" for something like that....people dont hear a thing different they just want easy unearned attention for something they dont need to practice or prove.We can talk for hours about it....but find someone that ll bet his gear in...recognising "tone"..then you ll quickly find out how many can "hear" differences....;)

6. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

like this one time... at band camp

3bolt79 likes this.
  7. Chont

8. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

Why don't you post a video of you playing a guitar. I would love to see the playing skills you possess that led you to these conclusions.

9. Guitarmageddon

Guitarmageddon Dr. Stratster Strat-Talk Supporter

do you consider this thread to have run its course? YES!!

3bolt79 likes this.
  10. knh555

knh555 Senior Stratmaster

Very cool. The tone plus your use of the trem bar reminds me of this, especially starting around 4:14

57Strat777 likes this.
  11. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

Its about aural recognition....playing guitar has nothing to do with it...do you know anyone in the history of mankind that could differentiate tone in an blind test?Is it you unicorn?

By the way..if you are interested about my playing when i finish my 7 string strat ill post a video too....

12. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

A video of you playing any guitar will do.

fezz parka likes this.
  13. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

First post a video of someone who can pick up tone in a blind test buddy...i thought that was the bottom line...clearly it not you....then who?

14. Stratoblaster

Stratoblaster Strat-O-Master

I'm convinced the only way to settle this thread....

THUNDERDOME!!!!

[​IMG]

15. Chont

[​IMG]

16. Chont

17. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

So we've established you can't play a guitar. Do you play any instrument?

3bolt79 and fezz parka like this.
  18. ChrisD

ChrisD Strat-O-Master

I wonder how Nile Rodgers plexiglass guitar mentioned in another thread sounds acoustically :thumbd::D

3bolt79 likes this.
  19. Dreamdancer

Dreamdancer Strat-Talker

You could have simply exposed my views by post a video or an article of someone who did tone recognition succesfully..you cant even find one.....i have some teaching videos by the way...ready to go so if you post a video that debunks what iam saying i ll post a video immediately but we all know that tone recognition is not a thing....its only guitar geek pasttime....

20. 57Strat777

57Strat777 Strat-Talker

I am curious, did you get the impression that anyone in this thread thought that you added something valuable and relevant to the topic in the OP?

3bolt79 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.