Do you leave Tremolo bar on when storing in the case?

Discussion in 'Stratocaster Discussion Forum' started by Sratfusion, May 13, 2021.

1. SurfsUp

SurfsUp Senior Stratmaster

I remove it myself. However, back in 2015 I received a (then) new American Deluxe from the wife for my Bday.
    she "hid" it in the house in it's case, for a few weeks under the boy's bed!

Trem in and it's had zero effect. I did find it odd though and the thought it way have stressed the bridge did cross my mind for an instant. But also, it would have been the saleman who put it in the case for her, no? So that also crossed my mind ~ why would he? I wouldn't.

Long winded way of saying I don't think it will hurt, just not my daily practice.

2. Dain Bramage

Dain Bramage Strat-Talker

No. Take the @#$#$! thing off. Too much can go so very wrong.

3. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Strat-O-Master

It should really depend of the particular case fit. G&G cases have a "hollow" area closer to the edge of the lid where there's no soft padding. This allows a lot of headroom which fits the tip of the trem bar nicely. Basically the whole kink part of the bar ends up in that gap, if you turn the bar towards the corner of the case lid. The rest of the bar is low enough for the pressure from the padding to be minimal.

[​IMG]

EDIT: I've just realised my illustration is wrong. I turn the arm towards the output jack, so it would be the other corner.

However, by other tweed case—Fender-made with neck right in the middle and two compartments either side—doesn't allow this.

You can put the guitar in its case, chose a trem bar position and test it by strumming the guitar and then listen to the pitch change (or not) as you close the lid. If there's no pitch change before the plush mutes the strings, you're good.

Last edited: May 18, 2021
  4. crankit

crankit Strat-Talk Member

Feel like I just woke up in STUPID town or I lost 55 years and Im talking to 14 year olds. I think you take that wammy bar and shove it up your cASS. Crankit.

5. Siameser

Siameser Strat-Talk Member

huh?

6. Pandamasque

Pandamasque Strat-O-Master

If Norm is any authority...

7. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Strat-Talker

Don't use it... but I would remove it to be on the safe side.