Do You See What I See?

Believer7713

The Pink Bunnyman Frankenstein
Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Yesterday I was talking with one of the UC's at work and he told me about his farm and how he cuts his own trees for different projects. That led to him asking about guitar building and what kind of wood is used and so on.
This morning, to my surprise, he stopped by the station to bring me a gift that I wasn't expecting!!!
20220517_165518.jpg 20220517_165528.jpg 20220517_165554.jpg 20220517_165606.jpg 20220517_165612.jpg
There's enough for two for sure! SCORE!
Now I GOTTA get the shop together!

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
thas a noice ash. might want to check the moisture level before you get too far... but should make for some lovely stuff.
I definitely will.be checking it. I do know it's been cut and seasoning for at least 2 1/2 years so it is good there. Will more than likely be waiting until late this year before doing anything with it though.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
OK excuse my ignorance but what`s a UC ?

An yes, nice score... will this be your first build from lumber ? I recall most of your build be based on pre-carve body !

In all cases, already looking forward to it !

Guy Incognito

Senior Stratmaster
May 14, 2019
Here and now
Yesterday I was talking with one of the UC's at work and he told me about his farm and how he cuts his own trees for different projects. That led to him asking about guitar building and what kind of wood is used and so on.
This morning, to my surprise, he stopped by the station to bring me a gift that I wasn't expecting!!!
View attachment 563386 View attachment 563387 View attachment 563388 View attachment 563389 View attachment 563390
There's enough for two for sure! SCORE!
Now I GOTTA get the shop together!
Assuming it's Northern I see future back issues. At least until cut to size.

Any time you get a sweet piece of Ash for nothing is a good day.

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
Assuming it's Northern I see future back issues. At least until cut to size.

Any time you get a sweet piece of Ash for nothing is a good day.
Yes sir!! They are heavy right now.
Have you been curious enough to give it a quick wipe with Naptha?

I see a little curl in that one piece.

I haven't had time to do the wet look at it but yes, there is some coo quilting around that not on that one plank.

Believer7713

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2016
KC
will this be your first build from lumber ?
This one will probably be my first build from lumber. If I have to let it dry some more then I will be cutting from some other wood I plan to get from a local supplier that works with only locally sourced trees and has a full mill and kiln. The guy that gave me these sourced it from his family farm and has had it for several years but hadn't cut it until about a year and a half ago. If anything, I will finish drying it in my second oven.