Does anyone else think like I do?

jbylake

Fabulously Famous Nobody
Gold Supporting Member
Silver Member
Nov 25, 2019
Currently MIA
It seems that once in a while, the same post pops up, generally a LP vs. Strat, or Gib vs. Fender post.
I seem to see it somewhat regularly.

Goes something like "I hate them" don't you?

Then it looks like, being on a Strat sight, the poster is waiting for 400 "Like" replies.

Owning Fenders, PRS's, Gib's, an Epiphones, and a few others, I don't particularly like a few guitars myself, particularly pointy, groin stabbing, "metal" guitars, but I don't go on other forums that feature that particular guitar/pickup/style and let it be known how much I hate James Hetfield's guitar. Or Pantera's, Dime Bag's guitar an on and on. Does anyone see where I'm going with this??

Someone see's a Strat forum, and comes on and 1st thing out of the gate, just starts trashing Gibson, PRS, Ibanez, etc..etc..? I would like to tell them to kiss my azz, but if I did that, I might get a serious kick in the butt by a mod/admin, so I won't say that, ever.:p

PCollen

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Feb 13, 2014
Florida
It seems that once in a while, the same post pops up, generally a LP vs. Strat, or Gib vs. Fender post.

Then it looks like, being on a Strat sight, the poster is waiting for 400 "Like" replies.

Owning Fenders, PRS's, Gib's, an Epiphones, and a few others, I don't particularly like a few guitars myself, particularly pointy, groin stabbing, "metal" guitars, but I don't go on other forums that feature that particular guitar/pickup/style and let it be known how much I hate James Hetfield's guitar. Or Pantera's, Dime Bag's guitar an on and on. Does anyone see where I'm going with this??

Someone see's a Strat forum, and comes on and 1st thing out of the gate, just starts trashing Gibson, PRS, Ibanez, etc..etc..? I would like to tell them to kiss my azz, but if I did that, I might get a serious kick in the butt by a mod/admin, so I won't say that, ever.:p

Sorry, but I don't see this happening very often at all in this forum to consider it to be as irritating as you seem to think it is. Did you loose sleep thinking about this last night ?

FuncleManson

Strat-Talker
May 23, 2021
Moline, IL
If your Explorer is stabbing you in the groin, I think you're holding it wrong. :D

Seriously, I agree with you. I own Fenders, Gibsons, PRS's, Parkers and several others and a bunch of partscasters and I love 'em all (to varying degrees). They're like different flavors of ice cream to me. Why limit yourself to just one?

Kestrel

Strat-Talker
Silver Member
Sep 25, 2017
Northants England
When talking Strats we are talking Guitars and occasionally other Guitars pop up and people will voice they're opinions, I don't see a problem with this, a lot of members here own different types of Guitars other than Strats and it doesn't hurt to mention them or show the odd picture of them, I remember a post awhile on here titled "Show us your Superstrats" or something like that and all makes of Guitars were shown and it was a popular post with no real problems.

Wrighty

Dr. Stratster
Mar 7, 2013
Harlow, Essex, UK

On here, a comment like that would probably be taken in the spirit in which it was meant. In ‘another place’, you’d be banned for life! I never bother too much with ‘why are XYY’s better than ABC’s’ type posts. If it continues in a purely objective way, fine, but often it becomes subjective, which just leads the thread astray and into ‘na na nana na’ territory.

Stone

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mean Streets
Most here talk about all kinds of guitars not seen much hate towards any, sometime one may say not my cup of tea but not outright hatred
I currently have 4 guitars none of them Fender unless OFC consider a MiM Chatvel DK22 a Fender, but not what it says on the headstock
I like what i like others like what they like

train

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Jan 22, 2015
Usa.
I just figure they are inexperienced ,like young kids - I pay no attention,

Ebidis

Providing the world with flat bends since 1985
Nov 14, 2013
Alabama
Most here talk about all kinds of guitars not seen much hate towards any, sometime one may say not my cup of tea but not outright hatred
I currently have 4 guitars none of them Fender unless OFC consider a MiM Chatvel DK22 a Fender, but not what it says on the headstock
I like what i like others like what they like
I have no outright hatred for any guitar. Except SG's of course. Those are just dumb.

Simpleman

Strat-O-Master
Jun 27, 2010
Arkansas
I think I know where you’re coming from. They always in some way talk bad about a guitar brand without really talking bad about the guitar company. There is a thread in the past couple days since I signed back in that’s on here.
It’s almost as bad as seeing the Fender USA vs Mexican threads.

Mr Jagsquire

Strat-O-Master
Sep 26, 2020
Berkshire
I think it's part of the internet/anonymity that people can say things that they (maybe) wouldn't say in person. Perhaps even done to get a rise out of people. Shouldn't really matter though if someone doesn't like something I like and visa versa; I just tend to keep my dislikes to myself and certainly wouldn't post on a NGD type thread that I don't like what they've bought, even though I have seen this happen on some guitar sites.

Maybe the people that do post things like you mention are just a bit insecure and need some kind of validation and figure that posting about a model that isn't a Strat might be a good way to get it on here? Even that 'one make' sort of mindset that I've seen on car forums where anything other than the subject matter of that particular website is considered rubbish and can't possibly be considered as an option. Granted most musicians have more guitars than cars, but I do wonder if there is a bit of that involved too.