does anyone have an exercise bike, that you actually use?

Discussion in 'Sidewinders Bar & Grille' started by circles, Dec 31, 2019.

1. wrvond

wrvond Senior Stratmaster

I've used several different stationary bikes over the years and some are really bad and others are not so bad. None are great in my book. My best solution has been an actual bicycle with a stationary exercise stand. This allows you to ride indoors during bad weather and ride outdoors in good weather.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07VRTPGWP/?tag=strattalk05-20

circles likes this.
  2. vid1900

vid1900 Most Honored Senior Member

3. Chont

Chont Most Honored Senior Member

Thanks. I immediately thought of New Years resolutions. If anyone needs exercise it’s me

BallisticSquid and circles like this.
  4. StratDlx

StratDlx Strat-Talk Member

I have an elliptical and a Schwinn Airdyne stationary bike. The elliptical gets more use because it has a holder where I can put a tablet and watch videos while I train. Training is boring, so I only do it when I have something interesting to watch.

circles likes this.
  5. BallisticSquid

BallisticSquid Most Honored Senior Member

I used to like running but I have problems with my achilles tendons. I switched to the elliptical in the gym and loved it! I still could get an intense workout without feeling like I was crippled the next day. My body took far less of a beating with the elliptical.

circles likes this.
  6. circles

circles Resident Pinball Enthusiast

When we moved in, the big room in the basement was a media room, which was cool, but after a few months of realizing I just don't watch tv/movies. There was a time I would have been down there on the weekends going through various personal film festivals, but literally all I do at home is work, play a bit, on the computer or noodle on my guitar. Maybe working in the yard, or playing with the cat.

I converted it into a workout space and it's been great! I'm all out of excuses! Don't feel like driving to the gym, eh? Well it's downstairs, sucker! Between that and her working out daily, I've been keeping up with it. Not as much as her, but daily.

BallisticSquid likes this.
  7. ibdrkn1

ibdrkn1 Senior Stratmaster

Exercise Bikes can be used for exercise?

My GF's sister has M.S. which she controls through diet & a low stress lifestyle. Obviously exercise has many benefits, but there are things that can be done in addition to exercise to keep things at bay. I only mention because I know my "Sister in Law" pretty much never works out but has the same quality of life as anyone else.

Exercising frequently throughout the day sounds like maybe too much because exercise adds stress to the body & stress is bad for M.S. My Sister in law has severe relapses in stressful times, & no symptoms when eating right.

I'm sure somewhere in the middle of the 2 strategies is best.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2019
    circles likes this.