Does this seem like a good deal MIM strat?

Guithartic

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Jacksonville, FL
Ya that’s a really good price especially with the case. On Reverb, they are about $600-$700 plus $50-$75 shipping. This one has upgraded pickups, which could sometimes lower the value because it is modded, but on an MIM, I would think it would increase the value because it has been modded with a normal mod that lots of people do anyway.

Last edited:

1stpitch

Strat-Talker
Mar 2, 2019
Southeast USA
To me, a good deal on a used guitar depends on the fret wear. A guitar can be virtually unscratched, and advertised as being in excellent condition, and the frets still be worn completely out. And when you ask a seller about the degree of fret wear, they will just about universally say the frets are in great shape. So, you have to look, if frets are important to you.

amstratnut

Peace thru Music.
Dec 1, 2009
My house.
That looks like a nice deal. Being a 2004, the neck will have vintage frets instead of medium-jumbos they started using in 2005.... obviously that's not a deal breaker or anything, just mentioning it in case that matters.

I was not aware of that. Every MIM Ive tried had medium jumbo.

My partscaster has a neck from a 2005 Deluxe Player Strat and the frets are "typical" not vintage.