Does wireless sound as good as a cable?

Discussion in 'Amp Input - Normal or Bright' started by Guithartic, Jan 13, 2022 at 10:42 AM.

1. Miotch

Miotch Senior Stratmaster

You are truly a New World Man. For whatever reason, I never thought of this. What if you also put some pedals in the effects loop??

abnormaltoy likes this.
  2. AxemanVR

AxemanVR I appreciate, therefore I am... Silver Member

I probably should have said “potential” tone-suck.

Some cables are better (or worse) than others. I prefer “Armor Gold” cables myself and am very pleased with them.

Anyway, I was mostly trying to point out one “possible” advantage to using a wireless system... which may or may not be necessarily true in all cases...

Last edited: Jan 14, 2022 at 6:59 AM
    abnormaltoy likes this.
  3. abnormaltoy

abnormaltoy Mouth draggin' knuckle breather

Really it all boils down to whatever works at the moment, I think I sounded pretty good with cables and with wireless. Sadly I have sounded...less good with the same equipment sometimes on the same day... even the same set. :)

One reason I like the cables has nothing to do with tone...the cables I buy are made by a small shop up in Montana, I just like helping out a small shop if I can. Also these cables are constructed in such a way that in my estimation when the shtf, there won't be anything left over but Twinkies, cockroaches, the thick poly finishes on some struts, and these cables.