May 21, 2010
Yorkshire
Buy this t-shirt and feign illness...

iu

pazman6

Senior Stratmaster
May 28, 2014
Prairieville, Louisiana
I did it on a cruise once when my wife signed me up without me knowing it. I did "Every Rose has its Thorn" It was cool though, because it was a live band karaoke. I wish they would have had something more in my range and style - like something hard rock or metal and not a ballad.

soulman969

Most Honored Senior Member
Jan 5, 2016
Fort Collins, CO
Does don't qualify as a suggestion. ;)

Sorry just joking. You should do what you want. I don't care for Karaoke simply because it's nothing like singing live in a band but that's me.

rikbigcat

Strat-Talker
Oct 9, 2009
California
There are a lot of people who want to do it but are terrified. Just getting up there puts you in a rarefied group.

You never know. I saw one woman timidly get up and launch into "Son of A Preacher Man" as good, if not better, than Dusty Springfield.

Boyd L

Strat-Talker
Jul 17, 2020
Appalachian Foothills
There's two bar and grilles across Ocean Boulevard from one another down in Surfside Beach, South Carolina that each have a karaoke night(s) schedule. Lots of singing with an obvious limit to the talent, but a huge commitment to having fun. The wife and I enjoy the heck out of them.

3bolt79

Dr. Stratster
Oct 16, 2018
Oregon
The last time I did karaoke I was with a new group of people that I just met at the bar.

There was this one girl who wanted me to go up and sing You Don’t Bring Me Flowers with her. But, she wasn’t prepared for the fact that I could do a spot on Neil Diamond impersonation.

She took me to her car in the parking lot after that. We were at that bar every night for the rest of the week. She also came to my hotel for the rest of the week until I had to leave.

It was funny because doing Neil will usually only get me a free drink and a chat with a middle aged lady. But this girl was 24.

It’s funny the things one does when they are drunk.