Dolly withdraws R&R HoF nomination

Miotch

Most Honored Senior Member
Jun 28, 2011
ok
Never been a big fan of her music, but always kind of liked her. As a boy, I liked her because, well.... I was a boy. As an adult I like her because she can laugh at herself. Anyway, I agree with her assessment on this one. Now, not being a "big fan" of her music, doesn't mean I don't like some of the songs well enough. Just not my genre'.

Last edited:

Baelzebub

Dr. Stratster
Nov 1, 2019
State of Disbelief
Never been a big fan of her music, but always kind of liked her. As a boy, I liked her because, well.... I was a boy. As an adult I like her because she can laugh at herself. Anyway, I agree with her assessment on this one. Now, not being a "big fan" of her music, didn't mean I didn't like some of the songs well enough. Just not my genre'.

Always a class act, whether you like her music or not.

Apparently she, unlike those pissants @ the so-called RRHOF, actually understands that there is a difference between what she does and ROCK.

Elvis v

Strat-O-Master
Apr 11, 2017
My place.
Never been a big fan of her music, but always kind of liked her. As a boy, I liked her because, well.... I was a boy. As an adult I like her because she can laugh at herself. Anyway, I agree with her assessment on this one. Now, not being a "big fan" of her music, doesn't mean I don't like some of the songs well enough. Just not my genre'.

Good. She grew up a hour away from me. All I here is Dolly this Dolly that. I love her but like Carl Dean better. Me and him could get along really good. Plus all they want to talk about is her wigs, make up, and Boobs. Ask Carl sometimes.

Sarnodude

Most Honored Senior Member
Sep 26, 2015
Mukilteo
I lived in Cleveland for a year back in the early 2000's. I wasn't tempted to go there at all.
It's just a tourist trap where they sell over-priced merch.

Eric_G

Senior Stratmaster
Jan 10, 2021
Quebec
I'm not a Dolly's fan, but I'm very respectful of her body of work (Pun intended :D)

However, I find myself confused in her position. She states she has not deserved it, therefore I can only assume that she considers her country music work not influential to rock music. However, she also states that she hopes she'd be considered if she puts out a great rock album ? So it kind of surprises me that she may thought that 1 great rock album should be sufficient to be in the HOF ?

Is it me or something is sorta weird about how this is presented ?

fos1

Senior Stratmaster
Silver Member
Nov 7, 2018
Texas
I just like Dolly. I liked her when very young and they still had country variety shows on TV. My mother always hated her. My mother pretty much hated anyone she could easily be jealous of...

I still like Dolly...