Done...I ordered a Tone master...

BigNorm

Senior Stratmaster
Jun 28, 2009
Montreal, Canada
Fake news without pics!

:sneaky::sneaky:
As promised, there's pics of my studio...You'll see the Tone master of course, that is now my main amp, the 2 spares, Vox AC10 C1 and Hot rod Deluxe III, My guitar and the area I'm playing in the studio, with my guitars and keyboard. BTW, I don't play the key board true the amp but true the P.A. you see on the right end of the picture....You can also see my drum machine and pedals board. I'm a full band all by myself, loll Now hope you believe me...it was'nt a fake news...lolll DSC00593.JPG DSC00594 (2).JPG DSC00595.JPG DSC00596.JPG DSC00598.JPG

Stone

Most Honored Senior Member
Dec 17, 2019
Mean Streets
As promised, there's pics of my studio...You'll see the Tone master of course, that is now my main amp, the 2 spares, Vox AC10 C1 and Hot rod Deluxe III, My guitar and the area I'm playing in the studio, with my guitars and keyboard. BTW, I don't play the key board true the amp but true the P.A. you see on the right end of the picture....You can also see my drum machine and pedals board. I'm a full band all by myself, loll Now hope you believe me...it was'nt a fake news...lolll View attachment 476447 View attachment 476448 View attachment 476449 View attachment 476450 View attachment 476451

very nice setup in your studio Norm :thumb:

kdines

Strat-Talker
Dec 12, 2019
San Diego
I have had a Tone Master Deluxe for a bout a little of a year now, and I just played the Tone Master Twin while picking up some strings in the store today.

I shouldn't have done that, now I want one.

The store has the Blonde version (a floor model) for the same price as an in the box Black Face version.

What is the consensus, is the Blonde version any better? The store owner is going to hold both for a few days for me, would love any thoughts or opinions.

I’d be very interested to hear more about how the Tonemaster compare (Deluxe Reverb vs Twin). I like a lot of bottom end (and much less trebliness) so while the Twin is probably overkill for my home playing, feel that the Twin may have a ‘fuller’ sound with a strong bottom end. I wish I could try them out in person!

Mike Manhost67

Strat-Talker
Jun 9, 2020
I’d be very interested to hear more about how the Tonemaster compare (Deluxe Reverb vs Twin). I like a lot of bottom end (and much less trebliness) so while the Twin is probably overkill for my home playing, feel that the Twin may have a ‘fuller’ sound with a strong bottom end. I wish I could try them out in person!

My friend lent me his Blond Tone Master Twin, and I've been A/Bing with my Tone Master Deluxe Blackface.

You cannot go wrong with either amp. I originally picked the Deluxe last year because I'm mostly now a home player and liked the fact that the attenuator can go lower than the Twin's 1 watt (.5 and .2).

But if I had to choose again, I would probably go with the Twin. The fuller sound of the two speakers are amazing and you can go as low or almost as low in volume, if you are a late night player.

Plus you have the mid tone control, and the Bright Cap Switch that can be turned off or on (on the Deluxe you practically had to set it to one or the other with the firmware).

That being said, both are great, and I would be satisficed with either.

The Deluxe is a little punchier due to the one speaker, and you can get "break up" sounds at lower volume (if you are not using any pedals) with the addition of going lower in wattage to the .5 and .2 settings.

Plus its more compact.

I have my Deco running out stereo to both today, with the "bounce" setting on, and the stereo effect is transcendent.

kdines

Strat-Talker
Dec 12, 2019
San Diego
My friend lent me his Blond Tone Master Twin, and I've been A/Bing with my Tone Master Deluxe Blackface.

You cannot go wrong with either amp. I originally picked the Deluxe last year because I'm mostly now a home player and liked the fact that the attenuator can go lower than the Twin's 1 watt (.5 and .2).

But if I had to choose again, I would probably go with the Twin. The fuller sound of the two speakers are amazing and you can go as low or almost as low in volume, if you are a late night player.

Plus you have the mid tone control, and the Bright Cap Switch that can be turned off or on (on the Deluxe you practically had to set it to one or the other with the firmware).

That being said, both are great, and I would be satisficed with either.

The Deluxe is a little punchier due to the one speaker, and you can get "break up" sounds at lower volume (if you are not using any pedals) with the addition of going lower in wattage to the .5 and .2 settings.

Plus its more compact.

I have my Deco running out stereo to both today, with the "bounce" setting on, and the stereo effect is transcendent.
Thank you very much for your reply - really helpful! I have other amps if I want break up from the amp and can always use pedals. Your comment about the two speakers sounding fuller kinda confirmed what I was thinking......also, it’s hard to avoid the feeling that it’s ‘more amp with an extra speaker’ for only $100 more! Thanks again for your thoughts - really appreciate it. Take care.

StratifyMe

Strat-Talker
Feb 13, 2021
mississauga canada
I have the blonde. But my original idea was that the twin would have a bit more depth to the tone. My concern was that it might be too loud trying to get some distortion. I never had the chance to a/b the two as no Long & McQuade had both in stock at the same time.
I’m happy with the Deluxe but there is always that thing in my head saying “twin, twin”

Mike Manhost67

Strat-Talker
Jun 9, 2020
I have the blonde. But my original idea was that the twin would have a bit more depth to the tone. My concern was that it might be too loud trying to get some distortion. I never had the chance to a/b the two as no Long & McQuade had both in stock at the same time.
I’m happy with the Deluxe but there is always that thing in my head saying “twin, twin”

Yes, you are very right with " My concern was that it might be too loud trying to get some distortion"

You can can nice breakup at much lower volume on the Deluxe with the attenuator at .5 or .2.

The lowest the Twin can attenuate is 1 watt, and at that setting you need some volume to get some hair.

StratifyMe

Strat-Talker
Feb 13, 2021
mississauga canada
Funny thing, I ended up buying a Boss Blues Driver anyway. Not that I don’t like the amp’s breakup, it’s different from the pedal and rather nice. But I could use that with the Twin.
I have to check my bill, if it’s less than a month I can swap it with no penalty