Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Warmoth.com darrenriley.com Amplified Parts Lollar Pickups Guitar Pickups

Join Strat-Talk Today

don't leave your guitar

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by boomers_dawn, Jun 14, 2017.

1. boomers_dawn

boomers_dawn New Member!

Jun 14, 2017
    usa
    Hi. No one has to answer this bc I'm not trying to make new friends altho hello fellow musicians.

Found this site looking for a color chart. Have not played in a good 10 to 15 years. I had the perfect guitar in a perfect case w perfect accessories.

Then I got involved in dog sports and stopped playing. I sold my guitar for a paltry $250 bc it was collecting dust and I wanted someone to use and enjoy it again.

My father just gave me one of his acoustics to try and I just picked it back up. Its too big for me and all wrong. I wish I had my guitar back. Its possible I'm just wishing for the past back.

My former guitar teacher told me when I was too young to get it "your guitar will never leave you".

I left my guitar and am kicking myself today.

2. Paperback Rocker

Paperback Rocker Nitro-mancer Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 18, 2014
    Victoria TX

3. Thrup'ny Bit

Thrup'ny Bit Certified Curmudgeon Strat-Talk Supporter

May 21, 2010
    In my own little world

4. ashtray

ashtray Strat-O-Master

Mar 15, 2017
    LA
    They still make guitars - in all price ranges. Maybe even better than the one you had. Go to a large chain music store and try a selection and see which you like.

Omar, boomers_dawn and Thrup'ny Bit like this.

5. banjaxed

banjaxed Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Mar 14, 2014
    Liverpool UK
    Hi and welcome to ST, I agree with the others you wont be happy till you get another :)

boomers_dawn likes this.

6. boomers_dawn

boomers_dawn New Member!

Jun 14, 2017
    usa
    Yeah, new one time.

I hope they have some dark smoky grey green color w black guard and knobs and some weird custom bridge thing built in I never understand the purpose of and just ignore :p

Lots of loud noise to be made ♡♡♡

banjaxed likes this.

7. Tone Quest

Tone Quest Strat-O-Master

Sep 11, 2013
    Raleigh, NC
    Sounds like you are getting back in 'the guitar game'. Check out the music stores, play a bunch and when you find the one that is "you', take it home.

boomers_dawn likes this.

8. Dont_Fret_None

Dont_Fret_None Strange Stringer Silver Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 22, 2013
    Up Yonder Way
    Welcome to the Fam:)

I can sorely relate to regretting getting rid of a particular guitar, and later feeling like a piece of my soul was missing. I've since remedied such the painful dynamic by giving away perhaps 3 dozen or more fine guitars over the past 30 years or so. When you do it enough it becomes a very natural function. In each case (pun appplicable) it was not a matter of being done with a given guitar, but rather a matter of meeting a person who was supposed to have one, but could not afford it.

One particular Strat, back around '95, was the perfect Strat for me, in every regard. And, there was not one person who played who did not in turn say, "OMG! Where did you get this?! This has unbelievable mojo!" I never thought I'd find another with the same characteristics and tone. Then, 22 years later, one surfaces with not only the same mojo--but the very same colors--in every regard.

I encourage you to get out there and circulate in the new and used markets, until that moment when you grip a particular guitar and know immediately that it was meant to be yours.

upload_2017-6-18_14-45-39.jpeg

kiko, Loucid, Prasanth and 3 others like this.

9. jeff h

jeff h Senior Stratmaster

Jan 13, 2017
    Ohio
    Hey, you're not alone. I think it is a common thing for people to put down their hobbies while they raise a family.

I put mine down some time in college since I was just too busy, then marriage, kids, you get the picture. Now that the kids are teenagers and can drive themselves around, I have my guitar(s) back.

The best part is that I have way more money than I did when I was 20 so.... Within reason (and permission from the wife), I buy what I want.

Eardoc, Davey77 and circles like this.

10. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Most Honored Senior Member

May 7, 2014
    UK
    Hello, and welcome aboard Strat Talk

11. StillAlive&Well

StillAlive&Well Senior Stratmaster Strat-Talk Supporter

Oct 4, 2014
    Frog, Texas
    The absolute best player & his guitar pic ever. Ever.

liltimmy likes this.

12. Cruel_Sin

Cruel_Sin Strat-Talk Member

Jun 20, 2017
    Indonesia
    Hi Boomers. Nice to see you here.

13. Otisblove

Otisblove Strat-O-Master

May 20, 2016
    Chicago
    Plenty of guitars in the sea.

What exactly is dog sports?

14. Dont_Fret_None

Dont_Fret_None Strange Stringer Silver Member Strat-Talk Supporter

Jul 22, 2013
    Up Yonder Way

I've seen (in writing) 100s of guitarists laugh at Willie, and scoff at his playing. In truth however, he plays with a very uncommon level of soul--defined by me as one's ability to express their emotions purely--straight from the heart--through their guitar--and into the hearts of their listeners.

fattboyzz and StillAlive&Well like this.

15. Rasputin13

Rasputin13 Strat-Talker

Jun 14, 2017
    Cleveland
    They say to get over a woman to go out and bang 20 women. I guess you need to go buy 20 guitars.

I made the same mistake as you. I sold a beautiful guitar. A style that is no longer made. Now I'm learning again. Tell you what though, even though I suck, I love the journey. Don't get frustrated. Playing guitar is a marathon, not a sprint.

Kstu likes this.

16. Kstu

Kstu Strat-Talk Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    I stopped all music for ten years now I practice harder and enjoy it more than ever. Welcome aboard!

17. Kstu

Kstu Strat-Talk Member

Oct 18, 2017
    Massachusetts
    Absolutely. Any other way it might not be the hobby for an individual.

18. fattboyzz

fattboyzz Strat-Talker Strat-Talk Supporter

Sep 24, 2017
    Sharpsburg ,Ga.
    Welcome !

Get out and find you one you can't live without :0)

19. Inverness

Inverness Senior Stratmaster

Dec 24, 2013
    Salt Lake City
    OP was only here for 2 days in June then never came back.