Dream Guitar and how do I make it come true?

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by JimiisGod, Mar 27, 2020.

1. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

So I have been GASing for a Les Paul Axcess Custom lately, now I’ve never played one but I like pretty much the whole design except if it was gonna be MY dream guitar it would have a Double Cutaway and a Sustainiac added.....I have a long history of this dream guitar and for MANY years my idea of dream guitar was pretty much Pat Travers DC Standard with Kahler/Floyd(i cant remember) I had a chance to buy this guitar when it was on Ebay but I thought it was too beat up, if I remember right it had repaired neck, shouldve, wouldve, couldve....
    The first response most peeps would be “have it built” Biggest problem with having a custom built guitar is paying alot of $ and not knowing till its done what it will sound and play like till its done, I’ve done 3 times already and have a 4th and 5th in different stages of build...here is a pic of three finished.... B1FC1C66-6252-4010-BBA0-39AFC55DD3AD.jpeg ED9DC0DB-2CF9-4149-8343-791F057EF28F.jpeg

2. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

The first 2 started out life as Gibson The Pauls, Sunburst one is a Gibson LP MIII, all of em got cut up a bit and all 3 are super cool and sound totally different but the dream has a wiggle stik and I have totally considered an FRX Floyd and may end up doing in future but the Dream is the DC Axcess w Sustainiac, therefore Im looking for chambered with belly cut an lower bout cut...My best figuring is buy Chibson and gut it and cut it adding sustainer, biggest problem for me with that is typ LP’s have toggle in upper area which is a super pain to cut an plug not to mention binding, I have also thought about same with a Burny(already has sustainiac) and then there is the straight up custom build which would be $2-3K, I should get out there an play an Axcess first to see/hear how chambered paul sounds but its all about Lockdown America right now and way too much time on my hands......Thoughts?

3. JimiisGod

JimiisGod Strat-Talker

Ohh for those not in the know about PT Gibson DC LP Standard, this gave me major GAS when I was 16 and I almost pulled the trigger about 10 years ago.... 064A7B38-4402-4F0A-9013-F420D3FE2AFB.jpeg