Easiest playing guitars you own?

Discussion in 'Other Guitar Discussion' started by Lonn, Aug 20, 2021.

1. elduderinoTF

elduderinoTF Sweatin' Bullets

2. Hanson

Hanson Senior Stratmaster

I actually sold it a couple of years ago and downsized to a Classic 30w. Great amps.

elduderinoTF likes this.
  3. Tremoluxer

Tremoluxer Strat-Talker Gold Supporting Member

Since I built it in 1992, my easiest-playing guitar has been "Birdie." Low-E clearance at the 22nd fret is 1/16", 3/64" at the High-E. It has a three-piece 1/2" thick carved Birdseye Maple top cap on a one-piece 1 3/8" thick Quarter Sawn Honduran Mahogany body, with a three-piece Cuban Mahogany neck. It's basically a platform for experimentation; it's had umpteen pickups, wiring configurations, bridges. It's been broken a couple of times.

01_Birdie Front.jpg
    I used to have a Bill & Ted Signature Air Guitar that was almost effortless to play. I sold it for a most excellent price.​
    Bill & Ted Air Guitar.jpg

BuddyHollywood, Stonetone and Ruscio like this.
  4. Gridlock

Gridlock Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Would have to be these two.

7D174B7F-6C59-4AD5-9527-0D672F9AD6F6.jpeg 3EBD253B-44D4-4E0F-80AC-47F94C2513A4.jpeg

5. Elvis v

Elvis v Strat-O-Master

6. fezz parka

fezz parka fezz parka

All of them.

Stonetone and CB91710 like this.
  7. Stratbats

Stratbats Senior Stratmaster

RC Strat... And my in the closet '08 Amereican Standard Strat IMG_20210710_092540_hdr.jpg

8. beerbelly

beerbelly Strat-Talker

Easiest is my '64 SG Junior- notes just fall off it with no effort, and weighs under 6 lbs.

IMG_6382.JPG Weight 2.jpg

Second is my '15 Strat, a very close second for easy play, and weighs under 8 lbs.

IMG_6201.JPG Weight.jpg

9. rockon1

rockon1 Senior Stratmaster Silver Member

Pretty much all of them.

10. azharkamal

azharkamal Strat-Talk Member

I hear you. Although I have an array of vintage ones my fave go tos for all professional work are my 2 (Silver Sky and Custom 24)PRS

11. jlf599

jlf599 Strat-Talk Member

I'd be torn between these two -

EBMM Axis SuperSport Hardtail or EBMM Luke III - one of those is almost always the guitar I grab if I'm not really thinking about it.

[​IMG] [​IMG]

Last edited: Aug 24, 2021
    Ruscio likes this.
  12. CB91710

CB91710 No GAS shortage here Double Platinum Supporting Member

I like that Luke III
    Reminds me of the Joe Satriani Ibanez models.

13. Glyderslead

Glyderslead Strat-Talker

My Yamaha SG2000S in very dark green is by far the best guitar I have and is a superb player.

But I only play it sitting down at home. Why?

The top strap button has been placed at the bottom of the neck where it meets the body - instead of on the top horn.

So what you say? Well this makes the guitar hang all wrong - particularly if you have a bit of a belly like me.

What does that mean? It means that it has to go.........shame

The dark green looks black. However if you shine a torch on it the light goes straight through and you can see all the wood under the finish including the "Straight Through" construction

IMG_1234.JPG

sssstratsss likes this.
  14. jlf599

jlf599 Strat-Talk Member

EBMM necks with their wax/oil finish have become my favorite. The Luke is just fun to play. The Axis, too, but not quite as versatile.

J

CB91710 likes this.
  15. jcharles

jcharles Strat-Talk Member

#1 - Strandberg Boden Trem
    #2 - Ibanez S Prestige

16. Doc538

Doc538 Strat-Talker

After years of experimenting with developing the perfect playing guitar I have finally concluded that my "Stick Man 2000" is the best of them, why it practically plays itself.

The only problem is I sometimes have problems finding it ! I think it may be possessed and moves around when I am not looking at it.

s-l640.jpg

Hillebert likes this.
  17. Doc538

Doc538 Strat-Talker

I no longer have the easiest player. I had a 60/70's sparkle silver Kent Les Paul knock off. It was so smooth and fast I usually finished playing before the song was over. Loaned it out and it never returned, I think it was smashed in a nasty divorce. Next up would be my Epiphone Special I, smooth neck, low action, great balance and those p90's crunch like crazy.

18. myfriendjoe

myfriendjoe Strat-Talk Member

As for inexpensive guitars... I enjoy playing my Sawtooth ES (all black with rosewood fingerboard) so much (after setting it up) that I purchased another one (daphne blue with maple fingerboard). When they arrived, the trems were screwed down to the body, so I had to set 'em up. As I'm not a luthier, and have never worked in a repair shop, I learned how to do so from Youtube videos, there are many. Because the Sawtooth(s) are so inexpensive to purchase ($149.00 w/free delivery for the black one including a 10 watt amp, strap, stand, some picks and a decent gig bag). I received a -50% sale offer after purchasing the black one, so the blue one was only about $75.00, what a deal!) I wasn't really nervous messing with them. I learned a lot through the work I've done so far, and I'm figuring other stuff out (personal preferences) all the time. For example, changing out the scratchy topped saddle screws with shorter versions that don't sit proud. Now that's a super easy fix many, if not most, budget-type guitars are in need of. If you want one, try a duck-duck-go search (google might give the same, I don't know) for Sawtooth electric guitars. Believe it or not, the lowest priced ones I found were at J.C.Penney.
    After the set ups, they both play great, and sound really good too. Super lightweight Sycamore bodies... You'll be pleasantly surprised if you try one.
    *I also own an American Professional Fender Strat, a G&L S500 Tribute, a PRS Custom 24, and a couple/few Squires and/or partscasters, all played through a Positive Grid Spark amp or a Fender GDEC3. I like the tones I can generate with those Sawtooth guitars so much, they're in my hands (as of late) more often than my pricier guitars.

19. metrokosmiko

metrokosmiko Strat-Talker

The easiest playing is my only one so it's also the hardest playing: American Pro Strat currently with 11s.

Got a PRS s2 Vela that I scored waiting for me when I fly to Miami soon and I think that's gonna change things.

20. Joe R

Joe R Strat-Talk Member

Good question. I have a definite favorite from my two dozen instruments. What makes for easy playing? First, our own personal taste in the type of neck and fret size. I don't find narrow/tall or jumbo frets easy to play because I do a lot of sliding up and down the neck. To me they feel like speed bumps. I nominate my Hagstrom guitars. They have an H Expander truss rod that makes for an ultra thin neck. It also has a 15 inch radius. So I can have the action lower than on any guitar I own. It also has medium-jumbo frets. I put on a set of GHS 9-42 flatwound strings. Playing that guitar is like water over the rocks. My Strats, Teles, and Pleked Gibsons are great, but the Hagstrom is the fastest and easiest.